MARCH Feather's Chat!

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to
  • And I don't see her too often, no. I have to sit her BS on facebook & instagram & that really gets my goat. She's a beachbody coach. A coach. Someone who is supposed to encourage & motivate people. And she can't say anything to me. UGH! I can't stand her. Seriously. We are all going on a family vacation together next month, so I'm dreading it a little. BUT for every other vacation, I have sooo heavy so I always felt badly about myself being around her in little bikinis. NOW, I look hot, I have hot clothes & a hot bathing suit.

I AM worried that it's unhealthy, but I don't know how to change that. She's not better than me, she's not a nice person, she has no friends, & she's condescending & elitist with everyone she meets AND YET, I feel like I have to prove I'm better than her because she's the "pretty one." That's her role in the family. So, I feel like the competition is heating up because I'm a people person, I have lots of friends, & people actually like me AND NOW, I'm giving her a run for her money in the looks department, so she's even more cold than before. And yet, admitting all of that, I still feel inferior to her every single day of my life.

/end therapy session
  • ARGHAGRAGRHAGRAHGRAHGRHHHH TOM came today and it feels like I am miscarrying a DINOSAUR, I never get cramps this bad, aargrrgghhhghghghhh

Joss Did you do Leangains before? I love it. My "feeding time" window is closer to 2-10 PM and I don't always adhere to it but it really, really has solved a lot of problems I had been having while dieting with "thinking about the next meal constantly." I hope you're having an amazing time with hubs and you guys eat lots of delicious things!

MaddieB You were never inferior - this sounds like it's about you more than it is about her. That sucks you have to travel with her on vacation and all that. It's hilarious and sad that she is a beachbody coach who works with people trying to get in shape and has completely ignored your weight loss. She's your SISTER IN LAW, not some hussy trying to get with your husband. I don't get it. Enjoy going out!

pixellate Hi!
  • I'm so behinnnd in the poooosts.

Bayzee : Enjoy your holidays! (and your beers and wings!) I'm jealous!

Aidan : Oh pretty pictures! I've never tried minimalist footwear. I heard wonderful things about them though, but I'm so used to my puffy Nike, I feel it would be like to start all over again with another kind of shoes. Double dinner dates! Busy lady

olehcat : I do agree with you that it is so much easier to run from home... Right now, even when I run outside, I have to head out to a park, close to my place for sure, but I still have to get the car. The road I live on still has snow and water on the side and the trails close to my place are still snowed in. Totally get your feeling on this!

On the issue about finding the right *me* diet, that is and always will be a though one. I'd go with something like Maddie said : if something like Atkin worked for you, than go for it! Of course you will have dinner date and parties when there will be other food involved... My motto for that is enjoy them and then control a bit more strictly for the next few days. I know it does sound like cheap psychology (sorry for that), but it's not all the time about rocket science either. *hug*

krampus : Sorry about the post alcohol crap AND the cramps! reading about this made me think that TOM should hit super soon for me, thank you to the forum induced ''we all get TOM at the same time yay''.

By the way, I feel so much better after knowing people in here don't know quinoa much neither LOL. It is so all over the place on the recipes to lose weioght websites, I was starting to feel bad about it pouahaha

Maddie : I really do hope you'll see the woosh you're hoping for really soon. Your efforts are so inspiring!!

sorry to hear about the situation with you SIL though Not having someone from basically your family (or extended family, in this case), not aknowledging what you've gone and been through must be hard to take. Like seriously, having jealous people at work not aknowledging it, FINE, but people from your family? That is lame. At least it is not stopping you from doing your thing!

TheBunneh : That is a huge NSV!! Congrats!!!

Jessica : SUGAR BUUUUUUSH. A friend of mine suggested to go there sometime in the next few weeks and I am so excited. Like, 4 years old kid excited. I'll have to calm myself if I don,t want to eat everything in sight when we get there... Have fun!!

Joss : I'm happy to hear you are having a sweet time with your hubby You waited for this so long! (and honey baklava ice cream? why do you always have so cool flavored stuff in the USA! This, the Quest Bars, unfair :P)

I can't wait to hear how it is going on your Leangain this! I never heard of it before!

Pixellate : I'm feeling the same way about Giada. Seriously, if I would have a plate of fried Won ton banana nutella things, being ''oh, I'll just have one''... NEVAAAAAAR.

Hi! Been late to pop in here today.. the boyfriend was acting like a jerk last night, leading to me not adressing him a word until 6PM tonight. Att's all okay now.

I was still at 139.4 this morning, which is a 0.4 gain from last friday, but considering I went up to almost 141 during the week, it's not too bad. TOM is coming soon too. Hoping for a woosh after that.

I had a leftover of chili for lunch and I wanted to keep something light for dinner. It was getting late after we solved our issue, so we went and got take out food at McDo, the boyfriend had one huge burger and a cheese burger with a fries and I highly enjoy my teriaky salad. I hate to love McDo, but I love this salad. Plus I only put 1/3 of the dressing, yess. Calories saved.

I'm planning to run tomorrow and than baking some banana bread. Big busy life :P

Take care ladies!
  • 112.4 today and no alcohol last night. One of maybe 3 Friday's ever without a drink! LOL!

Still feel puffy from the beer and wings on THURSDAY! I haven't drank beer or eaten fried foods since my trip at Christmas. But I loved it...every bite and sip. I hear MaddieB and Joss...I'm tired of being "good" with my diet. I need some treats. If I was maintaining, I would not care as much, but I am still trying to cut fat and I have to eat in a deficit. There's not a lot of wiggle room on 1300-1400 calaories. I think my wings were 1200 calories alone.

Anyhooo...this week is a diet break. My trainer knows I am on holidays and feels it's ok as long as I don't go crazy. Define crazy? lol! I have plateaued a bit on my weight loss and I have been eating in a deficit since Jan 4th so this is suppose to be ok. I plan on eating and drinking all week and hopefully do at least 3 workouts.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend

Joss...Good for you on longer weighing in. I love it! I hoenestly think my weight gain last summer is because I avoided the scale for 2 months...but I was not eating or exercising right at the time. So as long as you stick with your calories and workouts, I do not see how it will not work for you. Numbers are obsessive and very psychological.
    Hope you are having a nice visit with hubby!

MaddieB...I can so relate...I despise my husband's sister. Nothing to do with weight loss; she is just whiny, self obsorbed and high maintenance. I get it. We do weekend visits and other little things, but I could never do full week holiday with her. I dread her visits like the plague! But I know I need to support my husband. He knows I can't stand her and it's kind of a soft spot between us, but I always grin and fake it durig the visits. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me either, so I don't worry! lol!

Krampus...that stupid TOM! I still have cramps and no real period. Not sure wth is going on. BTW...as you get older cramps and back pain really increase with TOM's. Even on bc pills, my periods are way heavier and the symptoms much worse.

Pixellate..Hi!

Turbo...I hate the silent treatment in the house. Glad to see he came to his senses. lol!

Jessica...My goodness, that is one cute puppy! Makes me so want to get a new one. Ours died a few years ago...she was 15.

Thebunneh...you look fantastic!

Sorry if I missed anyone!
  • Thank you everyone! And thanks for the compliments on my hair.
    I actually cut it myself a few weeks ago so I've been kinda nervous about it.

Personals later. Happy Saturday!
  • Thanks for the encouragement, girls. I know that's a head game more than anything. She's a terrible person, so I need to accept that fact & move on & not give a rip about her opinions. She's the one person who can shred every drop of confidence in me with one look, but that's because she has no confidence & therefore, has to make people feel bad about themselves to feel bad about herself. What a miserable existence.

I'm up to 135.6 today after Five Guys but it was totally worth it. AF is still pending, but I can feel her coming any second now. We are staying in today as another blizzard is sweeping through Colorado. Got lots of yarn yesterday in preparation for the weekend so I can plug away at my afghan while I snuggle my girl.

Happy Saturday, girls!
  • Uuuugh, this is my "I'm never drinking again" post. Last night my hubby's team decided to go out and meet at a bar, and I really actually tried not to go and it almost led to a fight, but I was like "damnit, he want's me to meet his friends and I know we'll have fun... might as well." So, we went, had a blast, and I had like 90 million mojitos and then when we got home and had the drunk munchies ate thin crust margharita pizza, a cup of ice cream, and some lindt white chocolate easter eggs. Blargh.

I definitely ate a lot more this weekend than I wanted to or intended to, but such is life. I think beginning IF will help me to stay on track and keep my calories under control from here on out, so the damage shouldn't last for too long.

LOL I will say though, it's probably a good thing I did eat so late because its making it VERY easy to start Intermittent Fasting this morning! My feeding window will be 10AM-6PM, and its now 9AM and I'm having a cup of coffee. Super easy way to start when you eat pizza at midnight! haha I know it's not the way it's supposed to work obviously, but it's my first day so cut me some slack.

I straight up PASSED OUT last night on the couch. I didn't fall asleep, no no, I passed the F out. LOL It was so horrid waking up this morning realizing I didn't shower before I went to sleep last night and my hair smelled to high heaven from the CIGAR bar we were at. Grossness. I also didn't drink any water or take any aspirin so yeah... rough start to the day. I plan to do IF with fasted workouts but thats not going to be the case today. Just as well... getting it done is what counts.

Its just starting to snow outside, and my hubby is still asleep. I think the only thing on the agenda for today will be another workout and maybe going to the jewelry store and getting my ring inspected, just to keep in line with the warranty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayzee - Don't worry, I did all the drinking FOR you last night! hahaha I definitely feel you on not having a lot of calories to play with, but you seem to do OK sticking to your diet for the most part, right? I definitely have my "OMG I need to eat all the foods!" days, and I think it's because I just never feel satisfied with the amount of food I eat. It's not that I don't love my delicious healthy meals, because I do, but I often feel unsatisfied with the volume. Variety isn't the main issue, but its another contributing factor.
    RE me not weighing; it IS a bit scary, and I do worry about regain, but I'm smart enough to know that it really shouldn't have any effect on me unless I let it. I also found a group of women on Facebook who lift heavy, many of whom practice IF and a lot of whom also don't weigh themselves. It's giving me a lot of hope that I can do this! I have just been doing a lot of thinking and am ready to try something new. I'm sick of the way things have been going.
    Have fun on your holiday and enjoy the diet break!

Turbo - Leangains is one particular style of Intermittent Fasting in which you 'fast' for 16 hours and then eat all of your calories for the day in a span of 8 hours. There are several other ways to do IF where you fast for a full 24 hours every other day, fast for 20 hours and eat for 4, etc. I feel like this way is the best way for me, at least to start out.

Aaah, yes, the Honey Baklava Ice Cream... it was a revelation. It was honey ice cream with a swirl of ground walnuts and spices, with pieces of pastry dough in it. Pretty amazing! Thinking about it this morning sort of makes me sick though... hahaha. That is definitely a sign that I'm ready to get back to my healthy diet after the last few days of drinking and eating like poop!

I'm glad you and your BF got past your tiff! When I get mad at my hubby I tend to just ignore him and not speak to him until I get over it. I can't talk things out while I'm angry!

Have fun with your bread baking, running, and hopefully whooshing!

Krampus - RAWR! LOL I hope you're feeling better with TOM today than you were yesterday.

I actually have done IF in the past, and I remember liking it but it was years and years ago. I think the reason I stopped was because I was still just getting into fitness and didn't know a lot about it, and IF wasn't as generally accepted then. I was being told "ZOMG if you don't eat within 7 seconds of waking up or if you workout fasted you'll go all CATABOLIC and burn off every bit of muscle on your body!" Obviously to someone just starting out when people say stuff like that and it's the 'generally accepted' way to do things in bodybuilding circles, you just tend to take it as gospel. I just never really went back and thought about it again until recently.

I started following a few different fitness ladies I really admire and noticed a few of them do IF. It made me start looking at it again and thinking about what my mental hurdles are both in my day to day life, and with the idea of doing IF;

1. I love breakfast foods! Ok, well, my first meal on the weekends can still be 'breakfasty' at 1000, so that's easy. During the week I can just as easily cook oatmeal at work and just add protein powder to it instead of my usual egg whites.
    2. I'll be hungry in the mornings! Hmm, probably not any more than I already am, and hopefully even less so if you agree with what Martin Berkham has to say about it on Leangains.

Is that it? Only those two things?

Positives;

1. Bigger meals!
    2. More room for dining out, treats, etc.
    3. Eating more in the afternoons should prevent the 'trigger time' for me, which is a huge deal lately.
    4. Increased fat oxidation during fasted morning training
    5. Time saved cooking? It might, it might not... remains to be seen.
    6. I get to sleep in a bit later in the mornings!
    7. HOPEFULLY better adherence to my calorie range goals - I really NEED to shed a bit of fat, and the longer I am consistent with my diet and training the better my results will be.

Hmm, I'm sold!

Maddie - Remember what Elenor Rosevelt said; "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Maybe repeating that or some other mantra to yourself when she gets under your skin would be helpful? It sounds like you hit the nail on the head; its YOUR issue, not hers. You can choose to let her bother you or you can focus on your own full and happy life and just wish her well!
  • Bayzee : I forgot you were following a trainer program! Are you seeing results in definition and things like that? Congrats on the no alcohol friday!!

TheBunneh : Happy saturday to you too!

Maddie : Seems the damages are pretty controled despite your Five Guys thing : good for you! Hope you are enjoying your snowed in saturday!

Joss : Aww, I hope you are surviving your hangover! I don't know if it is the same for you, but since I cut out alcohol, my hangover are so much worst even if I am drinking like 1/10 I used to have in my college days (I am getting old!? LOL).

Leangain seems interesting! I always had suspicions in the IF Land, but this one seems fairly do-able and healthy! And If you can manage to do this, go for it! I honestly don't think I could go on something like that. My stupid brain always get caught on the freaking reverse psychology trapt : ''Oh, you can't eat before 10AM? I'M GONNA MAKE YOU FEEL SO HUNGRY''.

Your baklava ice cream got me thinking, I think Baklava will be next on my To Do Baking thing!

Hello! I was down a bit this morning, the scale took forever to show 139.4 but when I stepped again on it, it showed 138.8 a multiple times. OH. YEAH.

I went for a run with the boyfriend this morning, the weather was so nice! Sunny and over freezing point. I went out there and just had my merino underlayer and was totally fine with it, I even rolled my sleeves at some point. I was really weird to run like that next to a still partly frozen lake. We got out 8k done before coming home for lunch, and by the time we left there was so many walkers on the path, we were getting agressive (yeah, let's see, we are 5 walkers, let's just walk side by side and take all the path to ourselves)(suckers). Tomorrow is a rest day, my right quad is feeling like something is twicked in it and I don't want to push it, fearing it is near my freaking joint issue.

ot my baking done too and the kitchen smells so good from my the banana chocolat chips pecans bread mini loaf. Can't wait to taste them (well, taste them BAKED, it's not like I did not like a bit of batter... :P)

Have a good saturday!
  • First of all, seriously, you guys are the best. You are so patient with me working through all this and asking some of the same questions over and over. Thanks!!! {{you all}}

Anyway, my plan is indeed to go lower carb but to still control my portions (which is actually super easy on lower carb since it kills my appetite). My plan is to be low carb every single time I have control over my food (which, truthfully, is most meals of the week) Any complications? Well, spring break is coming up in another week and while I'm not traveling anywhere, I will be off my usual schedule which could mean everything is 100 times harder than when I'm on my work schedule and I have this desire to treat myself to everything. Exercise? Keep to running (training for my half marathon). Now I'm doing weight training once a week. I feel like I should either stop doing the weight training until I get close to goal weight (so I don't get bigger while I still have an extra layer of fat) OR I should do it two to three times a week and just go with it. I haven't decided yet.

@Jossfit - I LOVE IFing. I have never stuck to it long enough to see true benefits, but I remember a few times during the summers loving the empty feeling I'd have during the day (it's almost a giddy feeling) and then getting to eat a larger meal at night. I actually used to do the thing where I only had a 2-hour feeding window. And ooooo, I'm feeling your pain from the drinking too much. Ouch! I hope you're really enjoying your time with your hubby!

@Maddie - ooh, that's a cozy feeling, all at home during a snowstorm, cuddled up wth loved ones, doing something quiet like knitting! As for the insecurity, oh boy, I've been there. And I can tell you she's definitely jealous. There's no way she wouldn't have said anything about your weight by now. She's used to the roll of the skinny one and now you're in her territory. It's too bad people have to be like that. But from your pictures, you look gorgeous! She should be worried (ha, just kidding, but you know what I mean )

So yeah, you said, "Find what works for you and stick to it." Best piece of advice and I should tape that to my mirror. Thank you. I'm going to do this. Day by day. And I need to be patient at least a week to see if what i think works for me will work for me . Yeah.

@Turbo - you're right. If I can just accept that things WILL come up that will bump me from my diet and on a regular basis, then I will be way more at peace and not have this urge to binge and then start "tomorrow" again -- again and again. And heh, I like McDonald's Southwestern salad - YUM! Glad the disagreement with bf is done. I can't stand it when I am out of sorts with someone I love.

@Pixelllate - HI! Looks like you've lost an amazing amount of weight. Mostly by paleo? I know so many people for whom that has worked well.

@Jessica - thanks for your encouragement. What is true is absolutely that. That I need to pick that works for me and STICK to it. Geesh, I don't know why this is so hard for me. My indecisiveness is doing me no favors. I don't envy you the puppy training, eep. I hope that starts to smooth out soon.

@Krampus - honestly, though, if I ate what I enjoyed all the time, I'd be as big as a house. Seriously, though, I see what you're saying. It's just that when I let myself have anything, then it just snowballs into me eating too much of the stuff that isn't as good for me. Ugh, you know what's really popping into my head right now that I love to eat that is healthy? This lovely salad that involves good tomatoes. No good tomatoes to be had this time of year. *cries* /random. Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm trying to say except that I have to put some rules during the weight loss part (I think during maintenance I can be a little looser). Also I need to see results and fast or I soon give up and think I want to try something else, which is a vicious, vicious cycle I've gotten myself into...

@THeBunneh - you look great!
  • Well, so far so good with the IF protocol! I woke up today and had a cup of coffee and wasn't hungry. I then went to the gym to do some cardio, and I felt great! Plenty of energy, not hungry... I think my body likes it better because the blood is going to my muscles, not to my stomach digesting my breakfast.
    I had planned to break my fast at 1000, but I wasn't really in a rush to eat and with daylights savings time and losing an hour, I just ended up not eating until 1100 anyway. I made a huge breakfast scramble of egg whites, sweet potato (sweetened up with cinnamon and truvia, but it would be good as a savory dish with some added veggies as well...) and then I topped it with peanut butter, because why not?!

Today I have a spa appointment for a facial and a deep tissue massage so I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Olehcat - If you loved IF, why not continue it or incorporate the basic idea into your current diet? I don't know what you mean exactly by 'sticking with it long enough to see results'... do you mean increased fat loss or something? For me, the benefits and results are instant; I get to eat much more satisfying meals! LOL if it helps me to adhere to my diet and I start to lose fat thats obviously ideal, but I could do that any number of ways.

Ooof, yeah, I feel much better today after NOT drinking and eating crappily yesterday, and getting a good night's sleep!

I am probably biased, but I feel like not training MORE with weights or maybe eliminating it all together would be doing yourself a huge disservice. You CANNOT create muscle in any significant amount in a calorie deficit, so the idea that you would 'get bigger', as long as you are dieting, is ludicrous. Furthermore, you burn more calories at rest when weight training, your bones benefit from it, it will HELP with your endurance and race training, and it will give you a nicer shape than running would do on it's own. I understand that the race is your priority, but lets take a step back and look at what your REAL priority is; losing weight. You signing up for that race was only a means to an end... you may end up losing WEIGHT, but weight training will help you to preserve muscle mass so that you don't end up a smaller, squishier version of your current self.

I could go on and on for days about how superior weight training is for fat loss to a cardio-only approach, but for now I'll step off of my soapbox. You have to do what works for you, but I fear that you'll end up spinning your wheels and be no happier than you are now if you ignore the weights.

Turbo - Look at your cute little loaves of deliciousness! You are a regular domestic diva! I think baklava would be a great future baking project for you... and then you can toss it in a bowl with some vanilla ice cream and put an extra drizzle of honey on top and have your very own honey baklava ice cream!!

Seriously, I cannot handle drinking like I used to!! If I drink I am practically useless for at LEAST one day, if not several. It effects my cravings and hunger, my workouts suffer, my sleep suffers, and I swear to God my skin looks like crappola. Still, sometimes you just have to drink to excess... hahaha. I won't see my hubby again until May so chances are I won't drink until then either.

I'm glad you had a good run AND are taking a day to rest your leg. I really hope it's not going to start causing you any problems!

As far as the Leangains, I didn't think it would work for me either. I did it in the past but it has been so long I honestly don't remember how I felt while I was on it last time. I had the idea in my head that I would DIE without breakfast, but so far (it's only been two mornings) it has been SUPER easy! It doesn't work for everyone, but I am one of those people that seems to get hungrier after eating breakfast. So far the biggest thing I'm seeing is that I just need to experiment and try different things because the old way of doing things wasn't working for me anymore.
    Now, as opposed to body-split workouts, 6 small meals a day and daily weigh ins I'm doing full body workouts with HIIT, Intermittent Fasting, and not weighing at all.... and I love it!
  • Good afternoon, feathers!

So...I have cooked some food for the coming week, including some hard boiled eggs and a cornish hen, and am eating lower carb today. Already I feel the immediate benefit of lowered appetite. I had a shrimp and veggie salad for lunch. For a snack, if/when I get hungry, I'm going to have Greek yogurt with berries.

Here's what may be the key. I told myself today that I'm primarily focusing on this way of eating when I'm alone and/or have complete control over my food. Last night, for example, I did not. Me and two others were invited to an intimate dinner setting where the hostess had cooked just for us and it would have been really rude to not accept the food. Turns out that the food she cooked was very tasty and very healthy. But there was a heavy dessert that she had spent a long time on. So just telling myself that right now, I'm going to focus primarily on eating the right way (for me, which is lower carb, no added sugar, grains, or white flour) when I am alone or have control. Any other circumstance, I'll just do my best not to overeat but I will not stress or strain about it, nor will I not accept invitations just because of food. See, I use stuff like worrying about social situations as an excuse as to why I can't succeed, but that's not really true. I don't succeed more out of the day to day decisions. If I ate on plan every single meal that I wasn't at someone's house for dinner or at a special event, I'd still be eating right enough to lose weight, especially if I wasn't totally binging at the special events. But I don't. There's a lot of Fridays when I'm alone and I order greasy Thai food and drink huge amounts of wine. Or when I get fast food for lunch. Or when I eat cookies by the fistfulls at home. Or when I have the option to NOT overeat or to eat healthy, like when at someone's house or at a restaurant, and I choose the unhealthy choice just because I'm in a social situation and I don't want to feel deprived.

So what I'm saying is that if I can figure out how to be at ease eating well on all the meals I can control and tell myself that I *CAN* enjoy special occasions (holidays, my birthday, being a special dinner guest), so much of the pressure will be alleviated. I won't need a cheat day because there will always be a holiday or special occasion some time in a month.

And I really want to limit wine to Friday and Saturdays. I can do it this week. I've almost done it a few times, but usually give in by Thursday because work stresses me out so much, and I just want to hold a glass of wine while watching a show and have that warm, relaxed feeling.

@Jossfit - what I meant with the IFing...the times I've done it, I've done it primarily in the summer because I don't work then. I didn't really clean up my diet, so I never got to see if there would be any real benefit. That is, I was probably still eating too much because I'd use it as an excuse to "get to" eat stuff like cupcakes or other junk that I wouldn't normally allow myself on other "diets." When I have worked, the problem is, I would give into peer pressure eventually because everyone was eating at lunch and I wanted to eat at lunch too.

Also, I think I got caught up in the whole "oh gosh, it's somehow going to make me gain weight." Not because I buy stuff about "stoking the metabolism" but more because I'd be afraid I wouldn't control my appetite and that even a larger meal wouldn't be satisfying to me if I was ravenous by the time I broke my fast. So then I'd lose interest because I didn't like waiting around while other people ate at normal times and so I'd stop doing it, but I always have intended to go back to it.

And I'm sure you're absolutely right about the weight training. I think I freak out too easily

Yeah, I'm training for the race, but after the race training, will probably try not to run as much. Just do some HIIT sessions or something and try to get better at weight training. You're right. I think that is overall better. I have been lazy all week with all my training in everything. I haven't run in a week. Mostly due to class schedule and weather, but some of it? Just plain exhaustion and laziness on my part. Today I'm giving myself an indulgent, lazy day where I can sit around and do nothing I don't want to do (sometimes we need to recharge that way) but tomorrow it's back on. I just hope now I can count on the weather not being wintery from here on out so that running outside can be possible again...

Oh, and I'm glad you seem way more at peace with what you're doing -- with the fasting and IFing!!
  • olehcat - Hey, yup I did it on Paleo and intermittent fasting.I try to do it like 90% of the time, if not 100% because im carb/boredom eating/binging prone (oy vey haha). But I binged/boredom ate this past winter when I was unemployed so I'm working on losing those lbs ugh.

Hey all, BLAHHHH winter stircrazy. Every second that it touches semi-lukewarm, I am outside because I miss enjoying the sunshine. When its too cold, I think to myself, "um im indoors, so I should do my taxes, I can always go to the gym" but the Homer Simpson in me just doesn't do much. Fighting boredom eating and just sick sick sick of this cold, but I try not to think about it too much because who knows when it'll be warm! Pretty irritated at myself for this but apparently not irritated enough to be productive. Just...restless and UGH. Idk.
    =/
    BTW on Saturday I saw Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes at the whole foods in chelsea. I only noticed em cause I spotted Suris super cute magenta coat and thought "wow id totally wear that"
  • Hey girls! Pretty lazy Sunday here. Got up & went to church with the fam, then came home & have been lazy. I did take a walk earlier, but rushed back home because the freezing wind was killing me. Back down after my Five Guys gorge the other day & hopefully down another pound tomorrow too.

Happy Sunday!
  • olehcat : On the point about you stopping the weight training and only keeping the running ; right now I am doing both cardio and strength training at the same time There is tons of articles mentioning the great bonus of adding strength training to a running routine to enhance performance and stuff like that. (of course it's not strength training to become bulky and everything, but mostly to increase the core strenght).

I've never tried the Southwestern Salad at McDo, I'll keep this one in mind!

Joss : Your body adjusting so easily to Leangain is awesome! Good for you, woman! and you are right : PEANUT BUTTER IN EVERYTHING!

My next dessert will definitely be Baklava : I was in a store today, picked up ONE dessert recipe book, open it randomly and it was a baklava recipe. Hello, signs of the universe! LOL

You seem to be so much happy with this your new workout and food routine It is nice seeing you seem more happy about all of this again!

pixellate : I'm in your club of ''I should be doing so much more things... buuuut I'm not'' lol. I'll have to kick myself this week, I planned to do so many things, can't wait to friday to do them all.

Suri is annoying me so bad, she's like not even 7 and dress 100000 times better than me.

Maddie : Did you get hit really hard by your snowstorm? I hope you'll see this drop you wish for tomorrow!

Still 138.8 today. I can't wait to see if it will hold this week!

I went to the stores today, planning to get jeans. FAAAAIL. I don't know what is wrong doing from my waist down but JESUS, nothing fit. It's either too tight or too loose. I ended up getting a pair of short to train, a kinda baseball Tshirt with the body part in a pattern of cheetah in dark and light blue (my boyfriend is from now on saying that I am a cougar. Cheetah, cougar, hellooo so not the same thing) and underwears. Going with getting something specific in mine and coming home with everything but that... as usual.

We also had take out food a second time in 3 days tonight. I went with the boyfriend to the labs, I needed to start something for the work I am doing for my prior boss. The thing the boyfriend had to get done ran late and we left at 8PM, starving. He asked for sushis and I was not able to come up with something better or healthier anyway... I think I did okay, I had a Veggies spring roll with a Tuna tataki salad. I skipped the sodium loaded soy sauce and had some japanese dressing instead. Could have been more worst.

Started counting cals a bit using my old caloriecount account. I'm not weighing foor or anything, just guess the quantity the best I can. I hope it will helps, mostly to prevent my snacking urge during the afternoon!

Have a great evening ladies
  • Missed a post on Friday from a snow day at work (where I usually post). I sucked it up and went in, but my boss and his significant other didn't even make it, so they gave us permission to go home. Didn't do too badly food-wise on Fri (made a slow cook stew that wasn't half bad...) but still registered a gain on Sat AM, which was frustrating. Eating not the best on Sat and Sun, just mindless grazing, but just got in 3 miles and am hoping to do better with the start of this new week.

I feel like I'm just not paying attention enough to getting myself to where I want to be. I alternate between being diet obsessed and just not caring at all. It's tough to walk the line between being disciplined, but not obsessive... It's hard to know which way to turn. I know what works (Low carb + cut off time + yoga) but I just struggle against any form of telling myself what I "should" be doing.

Got in close to 16 miles this week. It was short of my 20 mile goal, but still better than last week. I think I'm going to dial it down to a goal of 15 miles this week. It's manageable, but still loads more than what I was doing. Baby steps.

~~~

Joss ~ Your vacation sounds amazing so far! Hurray for spa day! So much fun that you got to meet your hubby's team AND had a great time. Lol - He so wants to show you off, girl. Awww, for fun domestic-ness. Sounds all cozy and warm. When I did IF, I did find that it helped me enjoy social outings more and not stress about the rest of the time. Hopefully, it'll allow you to enjoy the food/social time without wondering whether you "should" be having this or that.

Turbo ~ You have black belt in baking, for sure. I hear ya on that going shopping for one thing and getting everything BUT that one thing. Those sound like good choices for sushi take out. Calorie counting-- just keeping track in general-- is a great way to stay focused. What site do you use?

MaddieB ~ *hugs* on that drama with the SiL. Luckily you don't have to see her that often, but it must still be a burden. I second Joss's mention of the Eleanor Roosevelt quote about no one being able to make you feel inferior without your consent.

Pixellate ~ heyhey to celeb sighting in Chelsea. Do you live in the city?
    I'm enjoying the warmer weather too, but man if it doesn't make me a bit nervous about not being where I want to be in terms of weight...

Olehcat ~ That's a GREAT key idea of focusing on eating well when you're alone. For me, it's the emotional eating that really takes over when I'm by myself. It's a challenge to NOT to turn to food when we're alone. Your food for the week sounds delicious (cornish hen? mmmmm)

Krampus ~ Yeowch painful periods! Any idea what might be causing them? Strangely, I found that I got more painful periods when I was at a lower weight (tends to go opposite for most people) but had no idea why that happened.

Thebunneh ~ I second everyone's comments on your hair and you in general. You look smokin'!

Jessica ~ Adorable puppy and cutie pie daughter!!! How's the school situation coming?

Apologies if I missed anyone!