Hellooo

• Hi there! I'm Emily, and I'm new to the site, though not new to weight loss in general. I have literally spent three hours tonight reading through the boards, and figured, hmmmm, maybe I should join (Wasting time trying to stay up all night so I can get back to the night shift life tomorrow... I'm not some crazy person that sits at their computer all night )

I first started my battle with weight loss in 2010. As a New Years Resolution, I went from 229lbs to 158lbs, by February of 2011. Sadly, much of this weight loss, particularly towards the end, was extremely unhealthy. I frequented pro-ana and thinspo sites, and would not eat for days at a time, followed by a massive binge, followed by days more of fasting.

So, here I am. I saw a number back in the 200's on my scale a few weeks ago and decided I wasn't going to let go like before. (Also, I am getting married in 4 months, and would like to see the lovely 170 before then.) It is difficult for me to maintain a balance over complete obsession/control and moderation. Hence, why I never count calories anymore.

I hope to meet some wonderful, supportive people on here that I can shoot some support right back at!

• I agree that not being obsessed with weightloss is hard! I think most of us realize we are fat/unhealthy and just want to get it off as fast as we can!! I hope you can find a healthy/sustainable way to do it this time. Good luck!
    Oh, and congrats on the wedding!!!
  • Welcome and congrats on the upcoming marriage
  • Glad to have you join us and Congrats on your upcoming marriage. Have you found the plan you are going to follow? Have you thought about an exercise plan?

I look forward to following your progress and seeing those wedding pics of the smaller you. Blessings, firegirl
  • Greetings! i completely understand about gaining and losing and.....(you get the point!)

Just three years ago i was able to run over 10 miles without stopping...now...even walking on the treadmill gives me lower back pain...

We can do this! We can do this!

I look forward to geting to know you