I am now...normal?

• At least in the BMI! The scale is showing 140 lbs. for the first time in 10 years, putting me at a normal weight, yay! I'm really happy to see concrete evidence of the commitment I've made to my health.

This site has been such an inspiration to me. Reading about the struggles and successes of all you ladies and gents helps me see that this is a real learning experience for all of us, and it can be done! Thank you, everyone, for sharing your own efforts here.
  • Awesome!!! So happy for you!!
  • Congrats and welcome to 'normaldom'!

I agree, this site is freakin' awesome
  • Congrats on getting down to an official "normal" size. I bet it feels great.
  • Thanks, it does feel good - though it also makes me a little bit anxious. The closer I get to my goal weight, the more I worry about maintaining a healthy weight. I hope I can continue to stay focused and not fall back on old ways...
  • So amazing! Bravo!
  • You said, "Thanks, it does feel good - though it also makes me a little bit anxious. The closer I get to my goal weight, the more I worry about maintaining a healthy weight. I hope I can continue to stay focused and not fall back on old ways..."

I am right there with you. back in 2006 I lost 86 lbs in nine months. I kept 60-70 lbs off for six years. Then I had a hysterectomy last April and ended up with a total weight gain of 38 of those 86 lbs back. After realization hit me that I was approaching 210 lbs again and my blood sugar headed back up uncontrolably, I decided to get a handle on it. I too worry about maintenance for the long term. I am going to purchase the MRC maintenance program for probably a couple years and if I feel I can't control it, I will be visiting MRC on a weekly basis for the rest of my life as I am determined to not gain this weight back again.
  • bravo!!! So happy for you!!
  • Normal? No Way. You are Super Normal. Our efforts to get to "normal" are anything but. In fact, this weight loss/healthy living journey should give all of us a much deserved shot of ego and a sense of "I can do just about anything I set my mind to!" Congratulations!
  • Way to go!
  • Yay for normal and you! I stressed about maintenance too, it seems we know pretty much exactly how to lose weight, u know create a deficit and excercise but maintaining seems a little less understood, since the answer varies for all of us. I kind of hit maintenance mode when I hit goal, but since I am still programmed into weight loss with small changes so far I am still losing. Which is ok for me, decided a few lbs was best just wasn't going to push as hard for them. So I am figuring maintenance out, but as long as I realize I have to maintain and not go back to old habits I should be good and so should u! Congrats u normal person.
  • That's great news and be VERY proud of it. As time goes on you will come to realize numbers don't mean everything and it's about living a healthy and happy life. Keep at it! Great great stuff!
  • Thanks everyone, there's some good advice there. I know numbers are just numbers, I just don't want to zone out and ignore them if they start climbing again! I think if I keep on journaling my weight/health and keep checking in here, gathering inspiration from you fabulous chicks, I can stay on track. After all, life is going to happen whether I worry about it or not!
  • Congrats!!