Home of the 100% Vol 22

You're on Page 8 of 36
Go to
  • I have not had much time to catch up on the thread and what everyone is up to. I will hopefully get time tonight, but I wanted to say hi and let you guys know what is going on with me. My DH rolled his car twice on his way back home from work due to icy/snow covered road conditions on Wednesday night (he works 45 min away in the next town and the road regularly sucks) Thankfully he is fine, not hurt at all and very lucky!! That is the most important thing. So now we have been scrambling to try and stock our house and rearrange our lives so we can both get to work and run the house with only one vehicle. Unsure how long that will be as it depends if SGI (insurance) rights the car off or repairs it. The part that is worrying me now is that my DH is a novice driver with about 4 years mainly highway under his belt and now I will be sending him in my much bigger more top heavy vehicle that he doesn't like to drive back and forth to work on shitty roads. We could rent a car but it is so expensive its not worth it. I am sure it will be fine I really do worry about everything while I find he worries about very little...sigh
    But again in the big picture he rolled his car twice and is fine so could not ask for anything more. Hope to catch up tonight, now off to shop to stock my house for my vehiclessness.
  • lisa- Thanks for the advice and encouragement! Just going through a rough patch, everyone does! I was just thinking I needed someone to cyber-slap me out of my funk today! I've been sitting at the same weight/measurements for almost 4 weeks now plus the hair loss. Just a lot of blows to the ole ego and self esteem!

And as far as the washer goes, they want $450 to replace the rear hub assembly (and that doesn't include labor or the $100 diagnostic fee), the company does not even sell just the bearings. What a ripoff, and this, one month after my warranty expired. The Handy Hubby is going to MacGyver it back together and we're going to hope it works. At this point we have nothing to lose.

ragdoll - Thanks for the great advice for phasing off. I have not prepared myself to do that, and you've given me some great points to consider! I feel like I've worked too hard to just stop, and I think everyone hits a rough patch at some point. It's been smooth sailing up to this point, and I really don't want to make any rash decisions.
  • Sahmmommy2, sorry to hear about your struggles with the washing machine and weight loss. My advice is to wait another week before you make any big decisions about phasing off. If you need to do a P2 day or 2 that's fine but don't say "I'm done" for a week. Then take that week to think about your decision and make plans for how to phase off. What does P2, P3 and maintenance look like to you? Would you need to take this break only to come back later to finish more weight loss to get to where you want to be? I have hit a few mental walls in the last couple of months but wasn't sure if it was time to phase off or me just giving up before I could fail myself (old patterns!). Telling myself just one more week gave me some perspective and time to think. And it kept me on P1 for longer than I thought I would last. Today is my first official day in P2. I haven't reached the arbitrary scale number I originally picked but I know I am physically and mentality at the end of weight loss and ready to move to maintenance.
  • Monica: So glad to hear your husband is ok!

Happy to report that after 4 weeks of zero pounds and zero inches lost, the scale has finally moved. Down 1.5 this week I'm planning to do another week of 4 non-restricted per day to really get my body out of this funk!
  • Quote: . Today is my first official day in P2. I haven't reached the arbitrary scale number I originally picked but I know I am physically and mentality at the end of weight loss and ready to move to maintenance.
    I almost totally missed this - congrats on making the transition!!! You are going to do great!
  • Monica - So thankful DH is "okay"!

KitKat - Thanks for the great advice! I really needed this from everyone, which is why I love this forum Congratulations on reaching p2!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: I have not had much time to catch up on the thread and what everyone is up to. I will hopefully get time tonight, but I wanted to say hi and let you guys know what is going on with me. My DH rolled his car twice on his way back home from work due to icy/snow covered road conditions on Wednesday night (he works 45 min away in the next town and the road regularly sucks) Thankfully he is fine, not hurt at all and very lucky!! That is the most important thing. So now we have been scrambling to try and stock our house and rearrange our lives so we can both get to work and run the house with only one vehicle. Unsure how long that will be as it depends if SGI (insurance) rights the car off or repairs it. The part that is worrying me now is that my DH is a novice driver with about 4 years mainly highway under his belt and now I will be sending him in my much bigger more top heavy vehicle that he doesn't like to drive back and forth to work on shitty roads. We could rent a car but it is so expensive its not worth it. I am sure it will be fine I really do worry about everything while I find he worries about very little...sigh
    But again in the big picture he rolled his car twice and is fine so could not ask for anything more. Hope to catch up tonight, now off to shop to stock my house for my vehiclessness.
    How scary!!!!! I'm glad he's ok, but how terrifying for you both!!! These Sask highways are brutal right now!!! HUGS!!!
  • monica that must have been scary. Good to hear that DH is ok.

kitkat have fun phasing out! You have 2 weeks to plan all those phase 3 breakfasts that everyone raves about.

newbie yay for the scale moving again!!
  • Quote: And as far as the washer goes, they want $450 to replace the rear hub assembly (and that doesn't include labor or the $100 diagnostic fee), the company does not even sell just the bearings. What a ripoff, and this, one month after my warranty expired. The Handy Hubby is going to MacGyver it back together and we're going to hope it works. At this point we have nothing to lose.

I don't know if you paid with a credit card for your washer, but if you did, check that out because often the credit card company extends the warranty by one year. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

We had a similar problem with the parts costing more than a new washer. We're on our 3rd front loader and they say the same -- they're made to last 6 years now. For that price? I was also told that Tide was really hard on front loaders due to the fillers in it. That was a service man's observation so no one sue me or whatever. I just thought it was an interesting thought that I'd never had. Apparently people also still put too much soap in machines, which is hard on the machines. And if you have a "tub clean" cycle, do it weekly. There. All my "laundry" wisdom in a paragraph (been there several times
  • If they're only making them to last a handful of years, I'm buying a CHEAP one when the time comes
  • Hello everybody....
    Day 1 and 100% I am rocking it so far. I am excited for the new me to emerge... thanks for being here!
  • Monica, so glad DH is safe.

WELCOME, DoingitDeb! This is a great program and the 3FC IPeeper's are the Best! Jen
  • DoingitDeb
  • Quote: I don't know if you paid with a credit card for your washer, but if you did, check that out because often the credit card company extends the warranty by one year. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

We had a similar problem with the parts costing more than a new washer. We're on our 3rd front loader and they say the same -- they're made to last 6 years now. For that price? I was also told that Tide was really hard on front loaders due to the fillers in it. That was a service man's observation so no one sue me or whatever. I just thought it was an interesting thought that I'd never had. Apparently people also still put too much soap in machines, which is hard on the machines. And if you have a "tub clean" cycle, do it weekly. There. All my "laundry" wisdom in a paragraph (been there several times
    Quote: If they're only making them to last a handful of years, I'm buying a CHEAP one when the time comes
    I agree with both of you! We bought top of the line (i.e., EXPENSIVE!!) Maytag Neptune models years ago and learned the hard way you don't always get what you pay for. We had nothing but problems with them. We replaced them with LG front loading models which have been much more reliable, but alas we're moving and leaving them behind. For the new house we've decided to go back to the conventional top loading washer. We have an inexpensive stackable set at our vacation home and they honestly do just as good a job as the ones up north that cost 3 times as much! We do a lot of laundry for just two people, but I'd still think our washers should last longer than they have historically.

It's time for me to start packing up again for a trip south, but this time it's primarily to see my 91 year old since she just got out of the hospital after a two week stay. We'll also be able to check on the progress of our new home, so that's an added bonus. I think I've got this 'sticking to IP while traveling' gig down!
  • Monica - Holy cow, so glad your husband is OK!!!

Washing machine woes: I had problems with my washer/dryer unit with numerous repairs, finally replaced them, then found I still had the same problem. Turned out it was never the appliances at all, it was an electrical problem. Before you give up, get a good electrician out to look at your setup.

Got a new "regular" doctor this week, first time in a long time that I have not been told by a doctor to lose weight. He was amazed when I told him my weight loss history. So grateful that I can now pass for a "normal" weighted person! ; )

Lately I have been focusing on using up some of my less-desired packets, since I am about 2/3 through my phase 1 experience. I have really had a renewed appreciation for the puddings! I liked the butterscotch a lot and made great stuff with the lemon pudding mix! That lemon pudding mix is great if you make it, let it sit in the fridge for awhile, and then put in a shot or two of the Torani sugar-free syrups. I did the lemon pudding with the gingerbread syrup and then I did a separate serving with the chocolate syrup. Very good!

Have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to spending some time on the boards and getting caught up!