Low sugar snacks anyone?

• Hello all!

Does anyone have any tips for easy, low sugar snacks? I usually have a cereal bar at lunch for about 120 calories, but MFP is constantly in the red because i've had too much sugar!

Any ideas welcome!
  • Rice cakes, Nuts/seeds.
  • I have loads of low-sugar and sugar-free snacks every day!

My favorites are:
    1 boiled egg
    2 celery stalks cut into sticks, spread with 1 tbsp cream cheese
    avocado slices
    1 Babybel cheese with a small chunk of pepperoni
    Cottage cheese mixed with diced onion, cucumber or tomato, topped with salt and pepper
    Green bell pepper sticks with hummus
    1 can of tuna fish mixed with 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese, some minced onion, and 1-2 tbsp tomato salsa.

Good luck with your quest to decrease the sugar in your diet! I hope you're able to find plenty of delicious, satisfying snacks to help you in improving your health.
  • Leaves: Maybe you could try a protein bar--not the mega calorie bars, just a simple chocolate or caramel protein bar. I love the 'Eat Good! Look Great! bars....they have a caramel one that actually has some kind of yummy oozy caramel that behaves like a candy bar but is actually 12g of protein! Yum. Just had one.
  • Hey there! I like almonds, pumpkin seeds or a mix of the two, cheese stick, raw veggies, low sugar protein bar (pure protein) or unsweetened almond milk.
    Hope that this helps