mthrgoose68 inspired me!

• this is what i wrote in my 3FC journal today, sorry if you read it twice. this is what her treadmill story inspired me to do:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, my swimming is a damn good workout. but aside from that, i think i may be a wuss when it comes to on-land workouts. sometimes a good video can get me going (kickboxing is one) and work up a sweat, but when i go to the "gym", i never feel like i did a good job.

today, i rocked the house.

first, 30 min elliptical. at a pretty fast pace, i was dripping sweat.

5 min cool down on it.

then i did a MILE on the treadmill with INTERVALS!! this is a big deal to me. i actually RAN. thumping all 209 pounds down on that machine, too. running/walking, my mile took 17 min. so now i have a goal to work at, trying to get it faster.

then i walked for 10 more minutes to cool down.

THEN i did 2 sets of chest press machine and 2 sets on a machine where you pull down and it works your back.

whew. i rule.
  • Man, you really do rule! Excellent workout!

Good for you!

I did my weight lifting stuff today and was doing this machine that works the calves. There was two 45 lb. weights and a 25 lb. weight on there. Wow! I only use a 25 lb. weight so I had to wrestle the first 45 lb. weight off, and I was having so much trouble that this tiny buff woman asked if she could help. I'm not proud--I said yes! But I thought to myself, okay, in a year, I'll be able to move those 45 lb. weights with ease.
  • WOW, as my girls would say, You guys ROCK!!!!!

I never thought I would inspire anyone, so thanks!!! You did it yourself though and it sounds like you had a great workout.

One day we'll all be on the Oprah show as the "after" stories!
  • you ladies are wearing me out just reading about this...

and sheila... you won't have to wait a year before moving those weights!!! i'll bet about a month. two at the most!!!!
  • WOW! A chain of inspiration!
    Your workout sounds intense and like something I need to aspire to. I did try to kick up the speed on the treadmill yesterday but at 3.5 I almost fell on my face! LOL! I brought it back down to 2.5 and did that for less than a minute a few times What is great is that we are all working at our fitness level and doing a great job. WE ROCK!
  • Hooray!! GREAT Job holly -

As I said to mothergoose too..

INTERVALS ARE SOOOOOO GOOD FOR YOU!!! Yippee!
  • yay for holly!
  • Now you're an inspiration too, Holly! I've been having trouble taking my workouts to the next level. Walking for 30-45 minutes 3x per week has got me this far, but now it's not really challenging enough. Maybe I'll finally head over to my complex's gym and discover the elipitcal machine! THANKS!
  • Way to go ALL of you guys! I'm so proud of y'all moving your butts!