No joke - We can really look better in our 40s than we did in our 20s

• My kids found an old picture of me when I was 27, holding my oldest son when he was about 9 months old. I weighed around 130lbs (my current goal weight). All I can say is - ICK! I am trying to get past the dated hair style and bushy eyebrows and bad makeup....yes I was young and thin...but I didn't know how to dress or style my hair or wear the right makeup for my coloring. Honestly, in many ways I look so much better now - and it gives me hope that I will look even better at my goal weight!

We can be the best we've ever been!
  • You look great in both pictures! I do think your face is thinner now than it was when you were 27. You have beautiful eyes

I came across pics today, too, from when I got married at 26. I was definitely thinner and prettier... oh, well. I'm definitely more confident now.
  • Whoa! Flashback! I think you look fine in your 80s heydey - I'm pretty sure I can find a very similar pic of myself from that era that features my bangs and opulent brows too. But dang girl! You look hot! Seriously hot! I would never believe that you were 43, never! WTG!
  • Thanks, ladies! My kids were like, "Mom, you looked so old fashioned!" LOL!
  • I just found a 1985-ish picture of me with four inch bangs - sticking straight up into the air... Yeah, I think I look much better now, despite being a lot heavier. Still got a nice smile and twinkly eyes!