New Girl.

• Hey all you beautiful ladies.
    My name is Alexis and I am 20 years old. I am over 300 lbs and most of the time feel like an outsider. I've been on diets for my whole life, but none of them seemed to work for me. I am finally in the right mindset to actually believe this weight loss is possible. I am at a point in my life where this weight loss is for me and not for anyone else. I have lost 14lbs so far (the closest I've been to my goal in a while.) I know i have quite an interesting journey to go, but i'm honestly excited. I feel like this time is different. I joined this forum because i know I'm gonna need encouragement. My mom yesterday told me she thinks I'm going to fail. After crying my eyes i realized that was the old me, this is the new me and i can do it. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to talking to all of you!
  • Welcome AlexisJayy!

This forum is fantastic for encouragement, trust me . At any time, what ever you're going through, no matter how silly you may think it is, it's almost guaranteed that someone else here has felt the same way, or gone through the same thing!
  • Thank you! I had a feeling and just by looking at the forum that this was a great way to feel encouraged. I don't wanna fail this time, so i think i need extra motivation!
  • Welcome! The hardest part is getting in the mindset that you can do it for you, and actually starting. Girl, it is scary, but great job. And you are really beautiful but the way! good luck!
  • Aw thank you that means so much! (p.s. you are very beautiful yourself! everyone on here seems so nice!)
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
  • Welcome Welcome!

This is a great forum to read, get to know people, ask questions, ask for help and be a part of (belong) I know that people like to sabatoge.... DON'T LET THEM. You just say to yourself that you are a strong person and nothing anyone says can stop you on this journey! (My mom always boo hooed my low carb diets and finally found out that they were acceptable - but that was too late) YOU CAN DO IT! You really can. Keep telling yourself that you are the most important person in your life.. ITS TRUE!

I hope that I see you in the threads and maybe on one of the goals too. Have a great 1st day of the rest of your healthy life!
  • Welcome!

I'd recommend finding a thread or two and becoming a regular there. For me, it's the Beck Diet Solution and the 100+ Club's decade threads. I read and participate in other things, but those are the two I check in on pretty much every day. I also am participating in a Valentine Day's challenge--it's almost over, so there's a new April Fool's Day challenge.

If you've picked an eating plan, that's a good one to participate in. There are age based ones (20-somethings). There are specific exercise based ones. There's a group for over 300s.

I find it really makes a difference to have a group I'm getting to know, who will notice if I'm not there, and will cheer for my successes, just as I cheer for them.

Welcome!
  • Hello & welcome! I agree with bethFromDayton I participate in the Intuitive Eating thread, and some 100lb threads mostly (just made it into a new thread! That is a good feeling ) and whatever else catches my eye.

Once you settle in here, and find the places you're happiest, it's brilliant If I'm having a bad day or just want to discuss something plan-related, or I need moral support, I know where to find it You'll get that support anyway but it's lovely to have that feeling of settling into a group, so post often! Hopefully there are enough chicks on here to offset any negativity you experience in your daily life. You CAN do this, and I love the mindset you have, that will be what you need to fall back on when things get tough. Just enjoy the support of the people around you, one day before you know it, you'll be the one giving that support to other people just starting out

Hope to see you around the forum And hang onto that positive attitude, it's the most precious resource you have
  • Welcome and good luck to you!
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey
  • Welcome NewGirl so glad you made the 1st step and joined us . I am sorry your mom told you that you are going to fail
    I have failed at things but ...but it is out of that Failure that I learned something and was able to achieve my goal. People who have made huge impacts on the world failed more than they succeeded....so think of it as a learning curve.
    Some things we try may not work and others may ...You will never know how things will work out if you do not try.
    Reboot your brain and give yourself measurable goals short and long term and develop a plan how you plan on obtaining these outcomes.
    Built a support system that will help you reach your desired goals.
    I am a firm believer of Claiming in life what you truly want...and building an action plan to achieve your goals!
    Spend time each day to give yourself positive strokes and honestly assess your progress. If something is not working for you implement change to achieve your goals.
    Good Luck, Roo2
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am sure that posting on here will help me in my journey. I thank you for all the support and love! I am feeling really great these days as my journey continues. I WILL do this. Failure is not an option and the word TRY is out of my vocabulary these days. Thanks again Ladies!