Going Shopping!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm in need of some new fitness clothes. Since I basically live in fitness clothes, getting a few more things will mean I don't look like I wear the same thing all the time. Fitness clothes are the most used clothes I own!
  • I know that feeling. It can get addictive. I have to hold back myself. I am an Ebay junkie focusing on Lululemon. I wear them the whole day at the moment.
  • Haha! I reluctantly bought a pair of $6 capri leggings at Forever 21 on Tuesday and hated it. Spending money on workout clothes is my least favorite, but it makes sense laundry-wise to have more than just 1 pair of shorts.
  • Hope you find some you like. When I decided to get healthy I went out and got myself some clothes, just a few things as some motivation since I love to shop. I am going to reward myself when I lose a bit more weight and finish paying off my credit card (thanks to my elliptical trainer) with another trip to the sports shop.

:-)
  • I still have plenty of pants that fit, stretchy yoga pants so I can't justify that purchase.

Nor can I justify the $185 I spent last night on a whopping five items or the three new shirts before that. The only thing I can justify is one pair of jeans the weekend before because I didn't have any of that size and my 24s were ridiculously big but I hadn't moved down to my 20s without a stupid muffin top.

God, I love shopping.
  • Fun. Hope you get some excellant finds.
  • Make sure you come back and tell us what you bought! I love shopping, even shopping vicariously through others!

Now that I have lost a few pounds, I like trying on clothes much more now too. Esp. since I don't have to buy the biggest ones they have anymore.

Hope you have a good time and get some bargains!
  • I am addicted to buying workout clothes.
  • The last time I bought workout clothes was in April 2011. Well, I take that back, I bought a couple pants at TJ Maxx for a song, and another sports bra, but for actually workout shorts and shirts, I twas april 2011 AND those are all XL tops. I'm now 185 and got down to 165. Size large will always be my size on top (big boobies). So, I just bought 5 tops so I can retire my super baggy ones save maybe one.

Then, I got 3 pairs of running pants/capris? Whatever they are called. They go just below the knee - I use them in all the classes at the gym. They are my favorite workout wear. They are a bit of a compression, but they hold in my thigh wiggly crap.

ANd then I got two clearanced golf skorts. They are a bit snug now, but should be fine come spring/summer. Its something sporty, but better looking for walks around town or bike rides than compression shorts and long enough to cover my wiggly loose skin thighs.

About $200 spent, but they were all sale items. They are the kind of things I like instead of "making due" and well overdue. I workout 6 days a week and it's not like you can re-wear fitness clothes. At least I can't they get STINKY and gross as I SWEAT because I push myself hard.
  • Last year I bought a sports bra from Victoria's Secret Fitness (VSX) and it's the best one I've ever gotten! I LOVE it! If you are full-chested like I am, you might consider it the next time you see a coupon floating around.

I love workout clothes - it helps me feel motivated to exercise and the old ones become my lounge clothes. I like the knee length, too. I get hot in the full blown pants and I like to see my legs (especially on leg strength training day) and shorts will show too much of my booty when I bend over! Dead lifts in shorts - not so much! No, I can't re-wear them either. I sweat when I workout!

Have fun shopping!
  • But why are there no compression shorts that are near knee length? They either go below the knee or are ITTTTTTTY bitty. No way in a million freaking years will I be able to wear those. First, I'm 43. Second, I used to weight nearly 90 pounds more than I used to and while my skin shrunk up a lot, it didn't completely.

These are the choices:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...13879.12166932

I see on their site, they have these, but I saw NONE in the store:

But I got some similar to these:

Come summer I'll have to get some shorts perhaps - that go to above the knee, but not MUCH above the knee. One good thing about not changing sizes any more. I KNOW what my size will be at 160 and with compression stuff, there is a lot of leeway with weight.
  • LOVE those gold skorts! I don't own any, but I always think they look so cute when I see people wearing them on walks around the neighborhood and things.
  • I like the last ones! That first pair was physically painful just to look at!! I am a pear, so my hips and thighs are big and those would just roll up into my hip crease and hurt. Yes, I am working through some extra skin issues also. I haven't gotten compression pants, though. Just ones long enough to hide it. I am probably jiggling all over the place. Oh geez! At least if it's jiggling, it means I'm working it. lol I will say that the bra I bought helps a lot with that jiggle. It doesn't move much at all anymore and is a lot more comfortable.
  • Oh, I LOL'd when I clicked on that first link. Yeah, no way I'll ever be wearing those! I wear some Reebok shorts that I got at Dicks in April, and then got more online when I shrunk a size. They are mesh and loose and with a "longer" inseam; 5" I think. A google search didn't turn them up, though -- I guess they've been discontinued... sigh.
  • I vacillate between guilt and joy at new clothes. I LOVE buying new things but HATE spending the money. I tend to hit up Salvation Army before I go to the department store, just to assuage my conscience that I tried to be cheap, and I tend to shop primarily during sales for normal clothing items that aren't special occasion.