What are you Reading February 2013?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Another month…another thread. Please share with us what you're reading so our lists grow ever long.
  • Still on Sweet Tooth. Not too far into it, but so far I like it, but don't know where it's headed.
  • The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  • Alchemist
  • A Game of Thrones. How unlike me to read this!

P.S. To MusicalFruit . . . I haven't read The Bell Jar since college (way long ago). May I ask if you are reading it for school or what prompted your interest in Sylvia Plath?
  • Hi, I'm new, but I can't resist a book thread! I'm reading Casa de los Espiritus (House of the Spirits) by Isabel Allende. I'm trying to brush back up on my Spanish.
  • I didn't have time to read what I wanted last month. This month, I plan on reading the rest of Elphame's Choice and read Brighid's Quest.
  • I have several books going at once! LOL!

Percy Jackson with the kids for homeschool
    Game of Thrones
    The Hobbit
    The Scarlet Pimpernel (for a book club I am in!)

Whew! Busy!!!
  • I just finished The Timekeeper from Mitch Albom. Loved it!
  • Last month I managed to finish 5 novels. (Yay, my New Year's resolution was to read more, and I'd say 5 in January is a good start!)

Right now I'm reading the book of Genesis. I'd like to read through the whole Bible in a year.
  • Just finished Perfect by Ellen Hopkins. It made me cry; it was so beautiful! Haven't decided what I'm going to read next -- another one of hers or if I wanna do another children's classic or go in a completely different direction. Hmm.
  • Currently reading 2 books. "The End of Diabetes" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, trying to understand my hubby's disease so hopefully we can get him off the large number of meds he is on.
    "But I Trusted You" by Ann Rule. I love true crime. Ann is one of my most favorite authors, so I picked up 2 of her books that I missed.
  • Still working on An Irish Country Doctor from last month. I got sidetracked by a book about the Nuremberg trials and haven't gotten back to it yet. Definitely going to finish it this month!
  • I'll probably be chipping away at Joomla! Explained...exciting.
  • I finished I Capture the Castle - which is spectacular, totally recommend it, especially if you like, say, Jane Austen. I mean, it is not Austen-like in any way, but there's a certain spirit knotted in there that I think Austen-lovers would love.

Now I'm reading Watergate by Thomas Mallion, which is a novelization of the Watergate scandal.