Period and Weight

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know everyone is different and their body's act differently. But how much do you gain on your period ? I know it's water weight and it'll go away when the time is over.. Just curious. Seems like it's making a FIVE POUND difference with me.

Women's body's really are strange.
  • Hey there!

Can be a huge difference for me too....when I was rapidly losing weight I would sometimes stay that same that week then drop 3-4 the following and I know it was lots of held water.
  • Oddly enough, I normally see a drop the first day of my period and then I don't weigh all week and then at the end, I'm normally up .5-1 pound. My body is weird. Period weight is always really easy for me to get off though
  • Since I started losing weight I started keeping track. Last month I went up a pound and 2 days into it dropped a pound everyday until I hit 3 pounds. So 3 lbs in 3 days. I had stalled for about 6 days before. This month I didn't gain and lost a pound for two days after it started. I didn't stall before. I guess it just varies from month to month. This last time my husband asked if my boobs grew cause I have been sad about them shrinking lately. I looked at them and they were very full and round. That was the only good thing about that water weight.
  • I don't, but I have to struggle not to eat everything in sight for a week or two before.
  • Mine fluctuates, sometimes I actually lose and other times I'm up 2-3 lbs but within days of my period ending it comes off again.
  • Quote: I don't, but I have to struggle not to eat everything in sight for a week or two before.
    I have to agree with krampus on this lol
    Seems like I crave chocolate and fast foods and man can it get tough to fight sometimes.

I usually dont gain anything but if I do its only like 1lb from what my past weight charts show me. If I behave and dont eat the fatty foods I usually get a woosh on the scale the following week which makes up for not losing durring the week of.
  • Hmm, not sure. I think I spring up maybe 2 pounds? I try not to look, it freaks me out. @.@
  • Since I've been getting mine, I gain about 7 pounds right before my flow starts and then the scale doesn't budge until I'm done. I also crave carbs like crazy.
  • This is the first TOM I've been recording my daily weight. It was going down quite steadily, but the past few days it's gone... 201, 202, 201, 202, 201... I haven't gained anything so far so can't really complain, but by 198 I'm calling onederland and I'll have lost a stone, and at 197 I'll get to change my avatar to 15lbs lost... So incredibly frustrating!!!
  • I go up about 1-3 pounds during my period, but it comes off towards the last day...so I'm usually down those pounds I had "gained" by the end of my period
  • I fluctuate up about 2-4 pounds before and during my period, and also struggle with MAD hunger. PLUS I've just put together that I go up 1-2 pounds during ovulation. I've also recently decided to stop weighing everyday (HA!).
  • Quote: I go up about 1-3 pounds during my period, but it comes off towards the last day...so I'm usually down those pounds I had "gained" by the end of my period
    I like this. Looking forward to a happy upcoming Friday!
  • I can gain between 3-5 pounds. I usually notice on the day my period starts, and then 8 days later I pee it all away. The challenge is not to go ahead and eat whatever I'm craving (always chocolate and chips and salsa) all the time. My thinking is that I know that the weight I'm temporarily holding onto will go away, but I forget that any excess calories I eat are not included in that!

Quote:
    This is the first TOM I've been recording my daily weight. It was going down quite steadily, but the past few days it's gone... 201, 202, 201, 202, 201... I haven't gained anything so far so can't really complain, but by 198 I'm calling onederland and I'll have lost a stone, and at 197 I'll get to change my avatar to 15lbs lost... So incredibly frustrating!!!
    This is me exactly. I was so close to that line, even dropped below it briefly right up until my period last week. Now I'm back there, right at 200.
  • Argh! This should be the last day of TOM for me, and my weight is still stalling at 201. It's been switching between 201-202 for over a week... Will it ever start going down again, or am I done?! I don't want to be stuck forever after 11lbs :-/