Homemade Pepperoni..

• http://www.tammysrecipes.com/tammys_spicy_pepperoni

this is worth the time to make.. you can season this to make a mild taste more like a summer sausage or like this for a pepperoni flavor.. tastes like hormel turkey pepperoni
    ......It is beefy flavored, not greasy flavored. I will definitely do it again. BTW, the outside develops a skin or thin crust. It looks burnt but it's not at all. The inside looks red, too. It's well cooked after 8 hours so, ,When I slow baked it, I put it up on the trivet for my pressure cooker so the grease dripped off and it wasn't sitting in it. It has some but pepperoni is supposed to. Far less than store bought though. if you make this, roll the meat logs as tightly as you can to prevent those holes in the center. Nx time will roll them using cling wrap to get them skinner and tight.. then remove the cling wrap and bake..
    Just started slicing it. In order to get it really thin like store pepperoni, you have to use an electric knife or a slicer. A regular knife will not do it but it would be MUCH BETTER IF YOU WAIT UNTIL IT IS FULLY CHILLED BEFORE SLICING. the 2nd log sliced much easier after I left it in frig for the night.. will be doing this regularly.. much cheaper and as always you know exactly what is in it... the tiny bit of sugar was not a concern for me

• Great recipe and I can hardly wait to try it. I'll copy this into the Phase I Recipes later - just need to decide if it goes into snacks or entrees. Opinions?
  • Mmmm...this does look fabulous....

Good question ruth. Miscellaneous?
  • I would say snack Ruth!