Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• Ok so I cook breakfast and lunch everyday. My dinner usually is left over lunch. Lately I don't want to eat the same thing twice. I have been pretty much skipping dinner lately. I am too far under my calorie intake and have an even bigger deficit because of the 400-500 cals I lose when on the elliptical. Usually can't afford any prepackaged meals but tax time is here so we will have some extra cash. I don't eat many carbs, so what would u guys suggest I try to substitute my dinner or lunch. I would love something I could just pop in the micro. Also what meals r good on those plans. Snacks would be good too. I am not a big snacked anymore just have nuts in between meals.
  • Anyone?
  • Hi! I'm not sure how many carbs you allow yourself, but my friend just told me about p28 bread. They have bagels, flat bread, etc. a serving has 28 grams of protein. About the same in carbs. The bagel is huge! Try their website at p28.com.

Good luck and have a great day!
  • Thanks Carolina but I am looking for meals, I keep hearing people talk about packets. I don't want to do a meal plan full on just need a quick low cal healthy meal for dinner. I don't eat bread or pasta or rice right now. Thinking I will slowly add them in later, like once or twice a week.
  • I am just doing basic lean and green, lean beef, chicken breast or turkey plus a salad. For some meals I substitute 1/2 cup eggbeaters and 1 slice of toast.
  • Huh, my response went missing.

Kashi does some decent, frozen, healthy entrees, as does Amy's Organics (many of which are gluten free).

Also, I don't know where you live but Trader Joe's has a lot of decent options as well.
  • If you want packaged meals to substitute for a meal you can go to the Medifast website and order online. You don't have to go full out on the plan. Most of the bars are good and very convenient. (or Wonderslim) Then you can still have your lean and green meals.
  • Can you not do some stuff in rotation. Like save today's leftover lunch for tomorrow's dinner or the next day's? I don't know what you cook, so I don't know how feasible that is.