Hello....Again?

• Hello ladies,

I was a member of the site about a year ago or so and I'm now back! I currently weigh 179 Lbs. I want to be 150 by May 31, 2013. 30 pounds is a whole bunch of weight but I'm so tired of being a 14 that I can't take it. My pear shape and big arms just drive me crazy. My best friend is currently loosing a ton of weight too, and I just cant be the 'fat one'....
  • I am the fat sister, even at 129 so I get it. Best of luck and 30 in a little more than 4 months is totally doable!
  • Thank you! Kudos to your weight loss!
  • Welcome back!
  • I started with more than 130 to lose!!!!!!!!! 30 pounds? You got this!!! Cheering you on to goal!
  • Very doable Good luck! x
  • Ladies I love the support, but I have to say I'm not as confident in myself as you are in me. 30lbs seems like a TON to me. I don't know why but it seems like every time that I start to see some results I self-sabotage. I think that food is the enemy; I'm an emotional eater. If I'm sad I give myself a 'pass' and lie to myself..."it's just one donut or just one spoonful of Nutella". My new career is full of ups and downs, too. Depending on the day and time I'm stress free then a minute later I'm so stressed out I could cry.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
  • Quote: Ladies I love the support, but I have to say I'm not as confident in myself as you are in me. 30lbs seems like a TON to me. I don't know why but it seems like every time that I start to see some results I self-sabotage. I think that food is the enemy; I'm an emotional eater. If I'm sad I give myself a 'pass' and lie to myself..."it's just one donut or just one spoonful of Nutella". My new career is full of ups and downs, too. Depending on the day and time I'm stress free then a minute later I'm so stressed out I could cry.
    I suffer from depression and used to eat for comfort as well. I have managewell avoid stress eating he last few months and have had weeks of being very depressed. Be more positive with yourself even during dark periods. Give yourself more credit. If u don't think u can do it then chances r u won't be able too. Wake up and think something positive even if u feel it is nearly impossible. At the end of the day tell yourself some reasons why u r proud of yourself. If u do fall off the wagon there is always tomorrow. With time u will get better at making good judgment calls. Imagine how many of us on here felt we couldn't do it, or had serious problems with food and then look at all we have accomplished. U really can do it, join a monthly weight in challenge to keep yourself accountable or us my fitness pal to keep track of your calories.
  • Oh and I lie to myself too, but changed it from saying I will only eat one donut to telling myself I will only use the elliptical for 10 mins then at 10 mins I lie and say only 10 more minutes. I keep doing that until I hit 45-50 mins. My point is find something better to lie to yourself about
  • I kinda have a similar story. I dropped 30 pounds and then proceeded to gain 16 back...it is so hard and I want to beat myself up but I guess the only thing to do is just look forward, right? We've got this!
  • Quote: I U really can do it, join a monthly weight in challenge to keep yourself accountable or us my fitness pal to keep track of your calories.
    Thanks for your honesty. I created a monthly weight challenge when I re-joined, earlier this week. I am trying to push myself as much as I can. I could use some more positivity from myself! I think I will take your advice and remind myself of the positive as much as I can.