How early is too early for the gym?

• Unless I exercise after work (HA HA HA, I've found lately...) , I think I'm going to have to start getting up early to go to the gym. But that would be 4:30 in the morning.

So here's my question- how early is too early? Like too early to the point where it's ridiculous and I'd basically be making my body a walking, fatigued zombie?

Any thoughts?
  • Ι exercise everyday at night after my daughter goes to bed, and after i had a full day of shopping, walking miles, cooking, cleaning the house, and i have done so even at 1:30 in the morning. Maybe only 30 minutes......but that would do. It's never too early or too late.......put it anywhere it fits into your program. I am not a free woman anymore. I own not my time.......my daughter and my obligations do.....so i squeeze exercising wherever i can.......
  • I knew a girl that used to go at 3am if she couldn't sleep. That would never happen in my lifetime.
  • In arnies encyclopedia of body building he talks about back in the day when he used to get in the gym early and there would already be people there leaving having finished.

Provided you are getting enough sleep 4 isn't too early. if your not getting to bed until gone 9 then unless you can power nap you might struggle
  • I'm of no help here. Anything before 8 am is way too early for me.
  • I work out at 415 am. It's easier for me to go to bed earlier and get up and do it cause I don't have time in the evening. The first week was tough but once I adjusted and as long as I get my sleep I'm good. Plus working out early makes me eat better during the day. Good luck!
  • I would say if it doesn't cut into your sleep time, then ok. If you'll end up with not enough sleep just to work out then this doesn't sound like a healthy trade off to me.
  • I'll always remember Ellen Degeneres making a joke about how she had to get up at 4 am and she was sooo tired but thought to herself "Kelly Ripa is exercising right now" LOL!!