Flavored Coffee

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: The kcups with carbs are usually the ones with cocoa in them, not plain coffee. Plain coffee (even flavored coffee beans) have 2 calories and negligible carbs.
    Are these cocoa drinks?
    http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/C...s-cafe-vanilla

It shows 11 grams of carbs in it.
  • I've been wondering this too. I have just been avoiding my flavored k cups. I have van houtte vanilla, I decided to let the boyfriend drink them all so I wouldn't be tempted and now only drink the regular coffee.

I find I drink so much tea now! But I find with some of the fancy look leafs they have dried fruit in them. I am also assuming we are to avoid those?
  • Quote: Are these cocoa drinks?

That looks like a latte drink - which means there is probably some powdered milk in it to give it the froth. That's not regular flavored coffee grinds.

EDIT: IF you look at the ingredients list it says right on it there is sugar, creamer and cocoa in the kcup:

INGREDIENTS: Sugar, Creamer (hydrogenated coconut oil, glucose syrup, sodium caseinate (from milk), sodium polyphosphate, dipotassium phosphate, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, silicon dioxide), Nonfat milk, Natural and Artifical Flavor, Modified Food Starch, Instant Coffee, Salt, Cocoa Powder, Sucralose.

Contains: Milk
  • Quote: Are these cocoa drinks?

Yes, they are yummy but not ok for us on IP!
  • If you look at the box and there's no nutritional information you're generally good to go. That's my rule, anyway. Watch for ones called sweet and creamy or that are latte based or are hot chocolates...they're packed with sugar.

Flavouring is usually okay. Anything that comes out something other than black is likely out.
  • I opened the box to mine today and it had a variety of coffee blends - dark medium Italian ect- I did look up the nutrionial info some have 5-2 carbs in them are those ok??
  • Quote: I opened the box to mine today and it had a variety of coffee blends - dark medium Italian ect- I did look up the nutrionial info some have 5-2 carbs in them are those ok??
    Which ones exactly had carbs? Straight coffee grounds should not have carbs in them, so there might be other ingredients that you need to be aware of.
  • If it's flavored coffee, and you DON'T have to add milk/cream/sugar/Splenda/Stevia to it to make it sweet and light, then it is not appropriate for IP.

If it's flavored coffee, but not sweet or light then it should be ok. Go to www.greenmountaincoffee.com = they have all of their nutritional information posted, not just for their brand, but all the brands they carry (Gloria Jean's, Timothy's, 8 o'clock, Barista Prima, Caribou, Newman's, Emeril's, Tully's).

The 'Cafe Escapes', the fruit brews, apple cider, hot cocoa, flavored iced teas, flavored teas (antioxidant blends) all have sugar and/or powdered milk, and not IP appropriate.

Hazelnut, french vanilla, Kahlua, blueberry, french toast, gingerbread, egg nog, cinnamon pastry, chocolate donut, german chocolate, mocha nut, etc are all IP appropriate. There are also herbal teas in k-cups that are fine. And totally yummy. Here's the link to appropriate flavored coffees:

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/s...Item=KCup#back
  • I love my Keurig and drink WAY too many of the French Vanilla Decaf a day. I'm sure I'll be well preserved from all the chemicals in there, but I love it too much and it helps fill me up and reduce snacking. You can get a "filter" thing, and I bought 4 for 9.99 at Walgreens on the holidays from the "as seen on tv" line so that you can scoop your own coffee, or add loose tea leaves if you want. I find I'm drinking a small fortune in K-cups at almost a buck a piece. Sheesh!
    If you don't switch to decaf, you have to drink a cup (some people say 2!!) per coffee of extra water. I can't hardly get enough in as it is, without adding more H2O so decaf is the way I go. CHEERS!
  • Quote: Which ones exactly had carbs? Straight coffee grounds should not have carbs in them, so there might be other ingredients that you need to be aware of.
    Tazo awake dark tea
    Timothy's - breakfast blend mild roast
    Timothy's - Colombian roast medium roast
    Van houtte original house blen medium roast
    Van houtte Colombian medium blend
    Barista prima coffeehouse - Italian roast

Is there a site I can look up the nutritional
  • I love my keurig and the k cup flavored coffees. You should see me down that isle it is too comical. I am taking boxes down scanning them with the MFP app to see if they have carbs, sugar etc. I have found some, I think it is the folgers vanilla biscotti and OMG the sugar and carbs they have in those are high. So you do have to be careful and look. I also google them if there not on MFP to see the nutritional value. I have had people move me out of the way so they can get to things they want cause I am researching. Oh well this is my health and diet and I'll take my time!
  • Quote: Tazo awake dark tea
    Timothy's - breakfast blend mild roast
    Timothy's - Colombian roast medium roast
    Van houtte original house blen medium roast
    Van houtte Colombian medium blend
    Barista prima coffeehouse - Italian roast

Is there a site I can look up the nutritional
    Are you certain that these had carbs in them? A cup of coffee (flavored grinds or plain grinds) will have 2-4 calories, but negligible carbs. This is from the Keurig website:

Coffee and tea K-Cup® packs do not contain fat or sugar. Natural and artificial flavorings added to coffee do not add any significant nutritional value. A cup of regular black coffee will contain approximately 2-4 calories (less than 1 gram carbohydrates) and 0 fats. Flavored coffees will add 0.8 calories, 0.3 grams carbohydrates and 0 fats.

I also looked up that list of k cup flavors on My Fitness Pal and none of them listed carbs.
  • Quote: Are you certain that these had carbs in them? A cup of coffee (flavored grinds or plain grinds) will have 2-4 calories, but negligible carbs. This is from the Keurig website:

Coffee and tea K-Cup® packs do not contain fat or sugar. Natural and artificial flavorings added to coffee do not add any significant nutritional value. A cup of regular black coffee will contain approximately 2-4 calories (less than 1 gram carbohydrates) and 0 fats. Flavored coffees will add 0.8 calories, 0.3 grams carbohydrates and 0 fats.

I also looked up that list of k cup flavors on My Fitness Pal and none of them listed carbs.
    Ment to put calories - oops - so if a coffee has calories - no carbs or sugar and no cocoa in in they are good to good?
  • Are we allowed soy/almond Milk on IP? Can I substitute my 1oz skim for 1oz soy ? -- any one know?? I have some free soy milk coupons I don't wanna have to go waste lol
  • Quote: Are we allowed soy/almond Milk on IP? Can I substitute my 1oz skim for 1oz soy ? -- any one know?? I have some free soy milk coupons I don't wanna have to go waste lol
    1 oz. of SKIM milk per day if you're staying 100%.

Others will tell you they substitute that for cheese, almond milk, soy milk, etc. but that is them just making up their own rules.