Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

You're on Page 9 of 25
Go to
  • Quote: Adding another recipe to my fav cauliflower recipe

Cauliflower tortillas!
    (Have I mentioned I LOVE tacos??? I have taco salad FREQUENTLY!)

Serves: 2-3
    Time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients:
    • 1 medium head of cauliflower (all the flowerets)
    • 3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
    • ^ yup, that’s it!
    Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    2. Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
    3. Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through
    4. [If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
    5. Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
    6. Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
    7. Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4” thick.
    8. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
    9. Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy
    Lisa - how many tortilla this will yield and how many do you think will equal to 2 cups?
  • Quote: Lisa - how many tortilla this will yield and how many do you think will equal to 2 cups?
    Did you click the link?
    For 2c, you'll have to measure.
  • Dah, now I see the link I guess it will be for 2 - 3 servings.
  • Quote: Adding another recipe to my fav cauliflower recipe

Cauliflower tortillas!
    (Have I mentioned I LOVE tacos??? I have taco salad FREQUENTLY!)

Serves: 2-3
    Time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients:
    • 1 medium head of cauliflower (all the flowerets)
    • 3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
    • ^ yup, that’s it!
    Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    2. Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
    3. Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through
    4. [If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
    5. Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
    6. Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
    7. Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4” thick.
    8. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
    9. Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy
    I made mine a little small so I had 5 rounds. I also added a bit of cumin. Very tasty!
  • Quote: Stole this from someone's blog on pintrest - thought I would share it to help all us canucks with our thanksgiving supper

bet the butterscotch pudding would taste good with it too!

Pumpkin Meringue

Crust
    1 Ideal Protein Plain Crepe mix
    1 tsp Pumpkin Pie seasoning
    2 oz.’s water

Pudding Filling
    1 Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding
    1 egg
    2 tsps. olive oil
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
    ½ tsp Nutmeg
    ½ tsp cinnamon
    2 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia

Meringue
    1 egg white
    3 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia
    1/8 tsp cream of tarter
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In your shaker mix Crust ingredients. With Olive oil spray, coat 8-9” diameter skillet and pour mixture in. Cook o on medium heat until the crepe has reached a soft pliable texture. You do not want the crepe to be crispy. In 4-5 inch glass pie pan (These can be picked up at most dollar stores) place the crepe in and shape it like a pie crust. Next mix Pudding ingredients in your shaker and pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes. While your filling is baking, place meringue ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms peaks. By varying the amount of sweetener you control how hard or soft the final meringue will be. Remove filling and crust from oven and spread meringue on while hot. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 9 minutes. Meringue should be stiff and have golden brown coloring on peaks. Let cool and chill before serving.

*For an extra added treat, drizzle Walden Farms Caramel Syrup on Meringue
    Thanks for this, it actually looks pretty good! I might make it without the crust for my dessert on turkey day!
  • Thai peanut chicken
    Reposting from another thread to make it easier to find it is yummy!

THAI PEANUT STIR FRY CHICKEN
    • 1 teaspoons cornstarch OPTIONAL (adds 10 calories and 2 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 protein)
    • 1/4 cup chicken broth
    • 2 TBSP walden farms peanut butter (original poster: i also added 1 TBSP powdered PB2 as I just don't like the WF peanut butter taste)
    • 1 tablespoons braggs amino acid or soy sauce
    • dash ground ginger
    • dash salt & pepper
    • 1- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
    • 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    • 1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet orange peppers
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
    • 1 teaspoon minced garlic

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth, will be a little lumpy....but will get smooth in the pan; set aside.
    In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1and1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
    Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes until soft but not caramelized. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
    Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.

I used peppers/cabbage/mushrooms as my veggies...cabbage was kind of noodle-y. Yum.

Lisa also mentioned: Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener
  • Ok - No recipe here - BUT! My bags came in today to make Rainbow's Travel Bag! SO excited! Thank you!
  • Bump
  • I threw a crab Cake recipe together that turned out awesome and I wanted to share I used mushrooms for filler and amazing it worked and you can't taste them
    Phase 1
    1 lb crab meat
    3 egg whites
    2 Tbsp WF honey mustard mayo
    Dijon Mustard to taste ( I used about 2 tbsp)
    About 2 cups of mushrooms (mixed them in my Ninja until they were little bits this is important)
    Old bay seasoning to taste
    1packet of IP crispy cereal ground to smooth powder ( optional but helps hold them together)

Mix all ingredients together. Form cakes and cook in pan or broiler till golden brown. About 20 minutes

I ate them with some WF parm cheese and WF seafood sauce
    Let me know if you like them
  • Since the chocolate pancake is being discontinued I tried to come up with another option. This is actually non-restricted and I like it much better.

Mix chocolate drink mix, 2 egg whites and 1 oz of water. Spread batter thinly on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil (super important otherwise you will not be able to take it off). Bake for about 7 minutes at 350*, depending on your oven.

Peel off and enjoy!
  • I dont know if this recipe was already shared in one of the threads, but here is the Delicious Unrestricted Waffle Recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 packet IP Pudding mix (any flavor)
    1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
    2 oz. of water
    1/4 tsp Baking Powder
    small pinch of sea salt
    (optional) add a few drops of flavored Stevia
    (optional) Spices of your choice: cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
    (optional) Walden Farms topping: Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup etc., I Can 't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
    Directions:
    Beat egg and water until mixed. Add spices, salt and baking power. Finally stir in one IP pudding packet. Mix will be very thick. Pour into greased waffle iron or make three small pancakes. Finally top with your favorite WF product(optional).
    Note: Makes 1 IP serving. If using the whole egg, subtract 1.5-2 ounces of protein from your daily 8oz.
  • Quote: I dont know if this recipe was already shared in one of the threads, but here is the Delicious Unrestricted Waffle Recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 packet IP Pudding mix (any flavor)
    1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
    2 oz. of water
    1/4 tsp Baking Powder
    small pinch of sea salt
    (optional) add a few drops of flavored Stevia
    (optional) Spices of your choice: cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
    (optional) Walden Farms topping: Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup etc., I Can 't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
    Directions:
    Beat egg and water until mixed. Add spices, salt and baking power. Finally stir in one IP pudding packet. Mix will be very thick. Pour into greased waffle iron or make three small pancakes. Finally top with your favorite WF product(optional).
    Note: Makes 1 IP serving. If using the whole egg, subtract 1.5-2 ounces of protein from your daily 8oz.
    Clever! I need to track down some WF products so I can enjoy something like this.
  • Quote: Since the chocolate pancake is being discontinued I tried to come up with another option. This is actually non-restricted and I like it much better.

Mix chocolate drink mix, 2 egg whites and 1 oz of water. Spread batter thinly on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil (super important otherwise you will not be able to take it off). Bake for about 7 minutes at 350*, depending on your oven.

Peel off and enjoy!
    The zucchini muffin recipe makes pancakes, too. I've done muffins with chocolate pudding & pancakes with banana (so I KNOW it works with pudding). No need to drain the zucchini as much if making pancakes.
  • IP "Posole" Soup
    This is adapted from the Miraval spa "Mindful Eating" green chili posole recipe. This made two large servings:

2 Tbsp. olive oil
    ½ c. chopped celery
    ¼ c. chopped garlic
    1 c. chopped poblano pepper
    1 lb. lean boneless pork tenderloin, cut into ¾" cubes
    1½ c. chopped fresh tomatillo, or canned tomato (I used Muir tomatoes)
    ¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro
    4 tsp. chili powder
    4 tsp. ground cumin
    1 tsp. IP salt
    ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    2 c. canned low-sodium, nonfat chicken broth
    1 can water
    ¼ c. thinly sliced red cabbage (or more if you need the veg)
    1½ tsp. finely grated fresh lime zest, for garnish
    Chipotle pepper sauce - for garnish/kick

Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. of the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of pan. Lower the heat to medium-high, add the celery, stir, and cook for a minute. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for a minute.
    Add the pepper and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil and stir well.

Add the pork and cook, stirring to sear on all sides, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato/tomatillo, cilantro, the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir well and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock & water. Increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook until the meat is tender.

I served this over shredded red cabbage and shredded zucchini to ge my 2 C veggies in. I added a bit of chipotle pepper sauce to it for a kick.

The hot soup cooked the red cabbage and the zucchini. So good and so full!
  • I'm not sure if this is a recipe that has already been posted so i'm going to write down the recipe I used! It's called Broccomoli

2Cups of Broccoli
    1 Jalapeno, chopped and seeds removed
    2 tbsp green onion
    2 ounces of Silken Tofu (extra soft)
    1/4 tsp chili powder
    1 tbs cilantro
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 garlic powder

Steam your broccoli- over cook it a little so it can blend easily
    put into nutribullet (or a blender of sorts) and add other ingredients. Blend until smooth! I didn't find 1 tsp enough so I added my 2nd tsp and called it my oil for the day! I ate it warm with the herb and garlic chips and it was delicious! Although delicious is a relative word so I hope you like it as well!