Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

You're on Page 20 of 25
Go to
  • Quote: Thx but those are the threads - I am looking for the recipe booklets that another poster put together in PDF files that I believe are in a post somewhere.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...MGc/edit?pli=1

• Quote: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...MGc/edit?pli=1

Thanks, Rainbow!
    There were 2 documents. Do you have a link for the second one also?
    Btw, I hope you were able to get yourself back on plan!
  • Quote: Thanks, Rainbow!
    There were 2 documents. Do you have a link for the second one also?
    Btw, I hope you were able to get yourself back on plan!
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...JkMkdIMFk/edit

yes, i am back on an alternative plan and making progress, trying to get back to where i left off!! a work in progress!!!
  • Quote: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...JkMkdIMFk/edit

yes, i am back on an alternative plan and making progress, trying to get back to where i left off!! a work in progress!!!
    Thank you! I wish we could add these direct links to the Sticky!

Way to get back at it

This is a serious question...have you thought about offering your baking services, etc to members of this site? I, for one, would sign up immediately to place orders with you!!!
  • Quote: Thank you! I wish we could add these direct links to the Sticky!

Way to get back at it

This is a serious question...have you thought about offering your baking services, etc to members of this site? I, for one, would sign up immediately to place orders with you!!!
    oh my...thanks for the compliment, but there are much more inventive cooks on the scene than I!! haha

check this lovely ladies facebook, amazing creativity here!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/340015849538224/

also, i am now working full time as an in home private CNA and have little enough time to get creative on ip now! sadly! i have added a few new recipes to the rainbow thread, in case you missed them! check it out!

thank you for your kind words of support, that truly means a lot to me, I am struggling my way through it this time, but i am a fighter and i won't quit! a work in progress for life no doubt!

thank you though....for making me look back and remember a few years ago when i felt i was on the mountain top!
  • Quote: oh my...thanks for the compliment, but there are much more inventive cooks on the scene than I!! haha

check this lovely ladies facebook, amazing creativity here!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/340015849538224/

also, i am now working full time as an in home private CNA and have little enough time to get creative on ip now! sadly! i have added a few new recipes to the rainbow thread, in case you missed them! check it out!

thank you for your kind words of support, that truly means a lot to me, I am struggling my way through it this time, but i am a fighter and i won't quit! a work in progress for life no doubt!

thank you though....for making me look back and remember a few years ago when i felt i was on the mountain top!
    Love going through and trying all of the recipes!!!! Love that this is a one-stop shop for my weekly meals!
  • Quote: Love going through and trying all of the recipes!!!! Love that this is a one-stop shop for my weekly meals!
    its fun to be creative. makes the journey even more rewarding. keep up your great work!
  • Quote:
    Hi Rainbow:
    This obesity fight is a journey through a mountain range. Sometimes we're climbing the steep slopes, sometimes we're coasting down, sometimes we get the comfort of the valley, sometimes we have to fight to the summit. It is all good when we keep on keepin' on.
  • Turkey Zoodle Egg Bake
    TURKEY ZOODLE EGG BAKE
    Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff ( IP P1 Support group on FB)
    Ingredients:
    2 medium zucchini, spiralized to equal 2 C.
    1 C. fresh tomatoes, diced (I used 1 c coarsely chopped red pepper)
    2 T. green onion, chopped
    4 oz. ground turkey (vegetarians can sub 2 add’l whole eggs + 1 egg white)
    6 large eggs
    1/3 C. + 3 T. Liquid egg white substitute (I use Better ‘n Eggs brand)
    4 tsp. coconut oil (or olive oil, or grapeseed oil)
    1 tsp. sea salt
    ½ tsp. black pepper, less or more to taste
    ¼ tsp. nutmeg

Directions:
    1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
    2. In a small frying pan, brown the ground turkey; drain any fat or moisture.
    3. Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchini squash into zucchini noodles, dice tomatoes and chop green onion.
    4. Spray a 10” x 10” glass casserole dish with cooking spray. If using the coconut oil, melt it in the casserole dish by microwaving about 20-30 seconds, if using the other oils do not heat just place in casserole dish.
    5. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg white substitute with the salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended.
    6. Add the egg mixture to the casserole dish and blend with the oil.
    7. Add the raw zucchini noodles, tomatoes, green onion and cooked turkey to the dish and toss gently using tongs (or clean hands) until the “zoodles” are well coated and incorporated with the eggs. Distribute ingredients equally in casserole so it cooks evenly.
    8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown.
    TIP: I like to use coconut oil in this dish, it lends a similar texture as if using butter. Some clinics allow coconut oil on occasion as many members use it for the nutritional value. Please ask your coach or clinic for information on this or use the other oil options. For vegetarians, add an additional 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white to get your protein and add 1 more cup of veggies of choice in place of the turkey, sautéed sliced baby bella mushrooms would be great.

SERVINGS: 2 – 8oz lean meat + 3 C. veggies; this is a double recipe. You will eat ½ of egg bake to equal 1 – 8oz portion lean meat and 1 ½ C. veggies – for additional veggies to equal 2 cups I recommend topping with sautéed mushrooms. Do not put them in the egg batter as it will be too crowded and egg dish will be dry.
  • Quote: Hi Rainbow:
    This obesity fight is a journey through a mountain range. Sometimes we're climbing the steep slopes, sometimes we're coasting down, sometimes we get the comfort of the valley, sometimes we have to fight to the summit. It is all good when we keep on keepin' on.
    you always have the sweetest things to say! its a turmoil of a struggle! never give up and never give in!
  • I have a big bag of kale and I don't like it. I steamed it and I made "Kale chips". I think that it is bitter and has a funky taste. Any ideas before I feed it to the garbage disposal?
  • Quote: I have a big bag of kale and I don't like it. I steamed it and I made "Kale chips". I think that it is bitter and has a funky taste. Any ideas before I feed it to the garbage disposal?
    How did you bake them? With spices or by itself?

Personally, I spread the kale out on a cookie sheet covered in parchment, spray lightly with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, sea salt, and pepper.
  • That is how I did them but without the garlic. I didn't like how the ribs turned into hard toothpicks. Maybe I just don't like kale. I love spinach and other greens. I am cheap so I am looking for some way to make it palatable and not waste it. I am not a picky eater (or I wouldn't be in the shape that I am in!)
  • Put it in a blender and mix in with the IP chocolate pudding to thicken it up, or the chocolate drink with some blended ice. Trust me, you won't taste it at all.
  • Hi all - I'm using the RTD Vanilla drink exclusively so there are very few recipes :-( However, a few weeks ago I left one in the freezer by accident ... lo and behold, after a few minutes of defrosting, I had something that tasted like vanilla ICE CREAM!!!! It was amazing :-)