Old 01-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #241  

Rainbow:
Yum! Maybe I'll try that with some garlic salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Lisa sounds awesome want to make them. How do I count them on phase 1?
as an unrestricted packet
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #242  

S/C/G: starting wt162/currently137

Height: 5'4"

Smile recipe sounds yummy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Choc/Fudge/Nut cookies

This is not what I'll do always but it was a really nice treat.
I mixed up 2 packs of the IP choc shake mix into cookies (2 egg whites/1/2 tsp baking powder and water to consistency). BUT I hadn't had my "bar" yet so I chopped it up and threw it in the batter. It was an "alternative bar" so had some bigger nut chunks than the caramel nut bar has.

Anyway, I enjoyed some pretty delish cookies yesterday and again today. The nuts/fudge/caramel added just a new texture and chewiness to the plain cookies. I figure if I split the 2 packs + 1 Restricted between 3-4 days it won't be so bad and I can have 2-3 cookies a snack.(made 9 cookies) Mmmmm....
joyfollin@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #243  

S/C/G: starting wt162/currently137

the recipe for cookies sounds wonderful, i have got to try these. Good luck on your weight loss : )
joyfollin@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #244  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I am truly enjoying all of these great ideas1 I love to cook and going IP has certainly brought me out of a slump of the same old same old that we had gotten use to. I apologize ahead of time if this recipe has been posted but it is one that you can kind of mix and match your veggies in. And this is my first stab at posting a recipe so bear with me, please! I hope to be able to share more in the future as I get a bit more stock of IP items and alternates built up!
Asian-style Fried "Rice" with Chicken
Yields 2 servings at 7oz protein and 2 cups veggies each (plus req'd oil and salt).

12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips (I slice while slightly frozen; easier, less messy.)
3 T low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1.2 tsp black pepper

Mix all above in a tightly sealed container or zip style baggie and let marinate in fridge several hours or overnight. **Drain well before sautéing in next step of preparation.

1 T olive oil
1 T sesame or ginger oil
2 cups cauliflower, riced
*Here is where you can mix and match to get your second 2 c veggies:
*shredded napa cabbage
*bean sprouts
*bell pepper, green or red, diced (I like it for color.)
*yellow squash, 1/4" sliced then quartered
*bamboo shoots
*radish, 1/4' sliced then quartered
*diced celery (stems and tops)
1 tsp chopped garlic, fresh or from jar
1/2 tsp ginger
1 T low sodium soy sauce
just a pinch of IP salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten

Heat olive oil in large skillet over med hi heat. Saute drained chicken, stirring often, just until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and wipe skillet clean. Return skillet to heat, add remaining oil, let it heat then add all ingredients except for eggs. Stir fry for 5 minutes then add chicken. Stir well. Make a well in center and pour in egg. Let sit for about 45 seconds or until it begins to set. Stir to distribute egg and cook another 2-3 minutes. Serve in bowls and garnish with green onion tops, if desired. A little chili garlic sauce (0/0/0) adds some kick.

Hubbie, who generally is not a chicken lover, said this one is a "keeper"!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-25-2015 at 09:59 PM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #245  
determined

Here's another that hubbie has requested I make again soon!

Pulled Pork, Cindy's way

Yields four 8oz servings of protein

Meat ingredients

2 lb boneless pork sirloin, all visible fat removed
2 tsp cajun seafood boil seasonings (I used Slap Yo Mama - 0/0/0)
1/2 c apple cider vinegar

BBQ Sauce ingredients

1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 c prepared yellow mustard (check label for IP friendly)
2 tsp hot sauce or chili garlic sauce
3 T apple cider vinegar
2 T sugar free tomato paste

Lightly spray the inside of a crockpot, add the meat ingredients. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4-5 hours. Remove meat from crock and using 2 forks, pull it apart to shred. De fat the juices left behind (I used a gadget I've had for years that soaks up about 99% of the fat- Grease Mop from Pampered Chef). To the defatted juice add all of the sauce ingredients. Whisk well Turn crock to high and let sauce cook 30 minutes to thicken a bit.(This can be done in a small pan on the stove top to quicken process.) Mix meat and sauce and enjoy!

I serve it with a homemade IP friendly coleslaw.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #246  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

I was told by my coach quest bars are no no for the Ideal Protein plan. I have seen several post about eating quest bars and would like clarification. I love them especially when on the go and need some protein.
larn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
I was told by my coach quest bars are no no for the Ideal Protein plan. I have seen several post about eating quest bars and would like clarification. I love them especially when on the go and need some protein.
Quest bars are used by many of us who use mostly alternative products. You do need to make sure that you are following the guidelines for what is unrestricted and restricted. You can find a link to those on the beginning of each daily chat. Quest bars are all considered restricted, and a few are really a no-no because they don't meet the guidelines.
sweetvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #248  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
Your coach isn't going to tell you it's ok to buy products outside of the Ideal Protein brand They are IP coaches, and the clinic only makes money if you buy IP products! Most Quest bars are fine to use as restricted items, just compare the nutritional value of the bar with the guidelines listed on the first page of the Alternatives thread. MANY of us following the IP program using alternative brands (and without a coach) have Quest bars in the rotation
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #249  

S/C/G: IP start 01/09/15 -226/191/150

Height: 5'3''

Default crispy cereal

new here on week 3 of IP....i keep staring at the crispy cereal packet. do i just add water and eat like cereal? they thought of water on cereal is just so confusing to me. feedback?
Prism57966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #250  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism57966 View Post
new here on week 3 of IP....i keep staring at the crispy cereal packet. do i just add water and eat like cereal? they thought of water on cereal is just so confusing to me. feedback?
In the packet there is crispy cereal and fine powder that will mix with the water to form what I believe is milk (or a protein liquid that is much like nonfat milk). I find that it's ok, but not expecially fillingl... I like the Maple flavor IP Oatmeal better as a breakfast item, or even as a lunch or snack item.

With the Crispy Cereal... personally.... I prefer to crush the cereal packet before opening it, adding it to a packet of vanilla pudding or wildberry yogurt drink and adding egg whites and some shredded zuke or cauliflower, and some spice & vanilla to make up six IP Packet Muffins -- they are yummy!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #251  
determined

One of our favorite dishes from a wonderful restaurant in San Antonio is a grilled chicken with poblano sauce. I have the "official" recipe from there that has been used for decades. I tweaked it to conform to IP Phase 1 and I don't think hubbie would be able to taste the difference. The "real" sauce contains whipping cream. I used chicken broth instead. Here it is for those who need a little something to spice up their chicken!

Roasted Poblano Sauce

*3 large green bell peppers (mine were huge!)
*3 large poblanos (again; huge!)
*1 large jalapeno (can use more if you really want some heat!)
one whole garlic bulb, in skin
1 adobo pepper with 1 tsp adobo sauce (you can rinse the pepper off and leave out the sauce but there is so little sugar in it, and as much as this makes, I believe it would pass IP inspection)
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed (or not: doesn't really matter as all will be pureed)
7 small tomatillos (I used canned)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (can use more to thin as desired)
juice of one lime (optional)
2 T low sodium taco seasoning (I make my own)

Heat oven to 500 degrees.
Cut the peppers marked with an * in half. Remove stems, seeds and the whitish membranes. Handle the jalapenos carefully! I use the plastic bag the pepper came in as a "glove". Using EVOO, spray a large baking sheet then place the clean peppers, cut side down onto the baking sheet. Put the whole garlic bulb, in its skin, on the same baking sheet. Lightly spray each pepper and the garlic with EVOO. Place in hot oven and let roast 8-12 minutes, or until the peppers are looking a bit charred. (If you want , you can do this over a grill, placing peppers right on the grate and wrapping the garlic in foil. Time will be different.) When peppers are done, remove them from the oven. Leave on the pan and let cool. When they're cool enough to handle, remove as much skin as you can. Cut into 2 in or so pieces. Take the skin off the garlic. Place the tomatillos and pour the chicken broth into a large blender then add the remaining ingredients. Cover and pulse a few time until it starts to come together. With the blender off, you might need to push everything down but be careful of the blades. Continue to pulse until it is just reaching a pureed state. (I like it to have a bit of a chunky texture but you can puree it as smooth as you like.)

My batch made a little over 3 cups (equal to about 6 cups fresh veggies). Divide up as you like (I put mine in 1 cup containers). This freezes well. Just thaw, heat and serve. Great over grilled chicken but would add spice to a number of other meats and veggie dishes or soup!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-29-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #252  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Your coach isn't going to tell you it's ok to buy products outside of the Ideal Protein brand They are IP coaches, and the clinic only makes money if you buy IP products! Most Quest bars are fine to use as restricted items, just compare the nutritional value of the bar with the guidelines listed on the first page of the Alternatives thread. MANY of us following the IP program using alternative brands (and without a coach) have Quest bars in the rotation
Just had a nibble of my first Smores quest bar today (hubby was gracious enough to allow me a taste) and they are yummy - but very sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism57966 View Post
Yes. If you like the taste of soy you will love the cereal. If not, see Oneuh's reply with a muffin recipe. Personally, I prefer to add it to the vanilla drink mix, an egg white, 1/2tsp baking powder and pop a third of the amount to fill a cup in a PAM'd muffin tray. Produces crunchy base, soft spongy top cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
In the packet there is crispy cereal and fine powder that will mix with the water to form what I believe is milk (or a protein liquid that is much like nonfat milk). I find that it's ok, but not expecially fillingl... I like the Maple flavor IP Oatmeal better as a breakfast item, or even as a lunch or snack item.

With the Crispy Cereal... personally.... I prefer to crush the cereal packet before opening it, adding it to a packet of vanilla pudding or wildberry yogurt drink and adding egg whites and some shredded zuke or cauliflower, and some spice & vanilla to make up six IP Packet Muffins -- they are yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
One of our favorite dishes from a wonderful restaurant in San Antonio is a grilled chicken with poblano sauce. I have the "official" recipe from there that has been used for decades. I tweaked it to conform to IP Phase 1 and I don't think hubbie would be able to taste the difference. The "real" sauce contains whipping cream. I used chicken broth instead. Here it is for those who need a little something to spice up their chicken!
Oh my word, frawniemae, that looks delicious. I'm saving that. Think I may substitute the 80 cal low fat sucralose yogurt for the whipping cream though (but I'm not 100% compliant). Hubby will think all his Christmases came at once! Thank you for sharing it.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #253  
determined

The original recipe uses about 4 times the amount of veggies ( and more poblanos than bell pepper) and one quart of whipping cream, along with some other goodies not IP P1 friendly. It is some good stuff. I'm happy with this replica!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
The original recipe uses about 4 times the amount of veggies ( and more poblanos than bell pepper) and one quart of whipping cream, along with some other goodies not IP P1 friendly. It is some good stuff. I'm happy with this replica!
YUM YUM!! Thank you for sharing!! My DH is Mexican so he will be especially happy!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #255  

S/C/G: IP start 01/09/15 -226/191/150

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

thanks! will try
Prism57966 is offline   Reply With Quote