Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

You're on Page 15 of 25
Go to
  • I thought this was a good place to share this website:

http://www.lowfatlowcarb.com/index.html

Lots and lots of great recipes. My coach told me about it Wednesday and I have gotten a ton of ideas!
  • Quote: I thought this was a good place to share this website:

http://www.lowfatlowcarb.com/index.html

Lots and lots of great recipes. My coach told me about it Wednesday and I have gotten a ton of ideas!
    I think someone shared that yesterday too - it's a Chef Verati website so we know it's IP friendly!!
  • Easy Vegetable Soup
    Hi everyone-

Here's a quick and easy veggie soup recipe. Perfect for a crisp fall or winter day (like today!). Hope you enjoy.

http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2014...able-soup.html
  • Thank you ladies for sharing the recipe websites. What wonderful ideas!
  • OMG I have a new IP addiction.
    Peanut Butter Cookies!

I use Quest Peanut Butter Flavor whey protein powder and just follow the zucchini muffin recipe, but make cookies instead of muffins.

The best thing for me is that these cookies don't set up the same cravings for me as Quest Bars do (I can only buy 1-2 bars at one time b/c I crave them so badly if I have them at home).

I've been making them every day. Today I just broke down and made 3 batches at once.
  • Quote: OMG I have a new IP addiction.
    Peanut Butter Cookies!

I use Quest Peanut Butter Flavor whey protein powder and just follow the zucchini muffin recipe, but make cookies instead of muffins.

The best thing for me is that these cookies don't set up the same cravings for me as Quest Bars do (I can only buy 1-2 bars at one time b/c I crave them so badly if I have them at home).

I've been making them every day. Today I just broke down and made 3 batches at once.
    I made these today without the zucchini and LOVE them. I will have to add the zucchini! Question: In your zucchini muffin recipe you say you sauté the zucchini first. Just curious, why do you do that? I have never cooked the zucchini first.
  • Quote: I made these today without the zucchini and LOVE them. I will have to add the zucchini! Question: In your zucchini muffin recipe you say you sauté the zucchini first. Just curious, why do you do that? I have never cooked the zucchini first.
    I prefer it that way. My zucchini came out not very cooked if I didn't.
  • QUEST bar cookies
    I have actually been making cookies out of my quest bars (got the recipe / idea from the Quest website).

It is super easy and makes 6-8 cookies that you can spread out through out the day! I find sometimes eating a whole quest bar in one sitting can be too sweet (what is WRONG with me? Never used to be a problem).

To make the cookies, I put a quest bar on a plate and microwave for about 11 s. Then cut into 6 or 8 pieces and kind of flatten into squares / cookies shapes. I bake for 5 min at 350 on a foil covered baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Yummy!
  • Spice Rubbed Seared Tuna
    I made this recipe last night - seared tuna steaks with an indian-type spice rub! I served with roasted rutabaga and roasted cauliflower that had been seasoned with ginger and garlic powder!

INGREDIENTS
    1 1/2 pound tuna steaks
    1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 1/2 tablespoon coarse black pepper, freshly ground
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    4 lemon wedges, optional garnish

In a small bowl, combine the salt, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Lay the tuna steaks out on a plate, and sprinkle the spice mixture evenly on all sides.

Evenly coat the tuna steaks with the freshly ground black pepper, and gently press it in, so that it adheres to the surface, being careful not to smash the flesh.

Place a thick-bottomed frying pan, or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. When you see small wisps of smoke, add the tuna to the pan and sear the steaks for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Remove to a cutting board. For presentation, cut each steak diagonally into 4-5 slices and fan on a plate. Garnish with additional lemon if desired.
  • There was talk on another thread about turkey sausage. Below is a turkey sausage recipe that I think tastes just like the real thing. You can select your meat this way to make sure the fat ratio is exactly what you are looking for (I also make it with veggie crumbles since my husband is veggie). I thought the ingredients were totally weird, but they magically make your turkey sausage taste amazing. I hope you enjoy it. This is modified from an AllRecipies recipe called "Mom's Turkey Sausage Patties".

1# Ground Turkey
    3/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger
    1 1/2 Tsp. Salt (can be reduced--this is pretty salty)
    1 Tsp. Dried Sage
    1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
    1 1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper

Mix all ingredients. Form into patties (or, if you are lazy like me, just throw it in the pan to make crumbles). Cook until done.
  • There was talk on another thread about turkey sausage. Below is a turkey sausage recipe that I think tastes just like the real thing. You can select your meat this way to make sure the fat ratio is exactly what you are looking for (I also make it with veggie crumbles since my husband is veggie). I thought the ingredients were totally weird, but they magically make your turkey sausage taste amazing. I hope you enjoy it. This is modified from an AllRecipies recipe called "Mom's Turkey Sausage Patties".

1# Ground Turkey
    3/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger
    1 Tsp. Dried Sage
    1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper

Mix all ingredients. Form into patties (or, if you are lazy like me, just throw it in the pan to make crumbles). Cook until done.
  • Quote: I have actually been making cookies out of my quest bars (got the recipe / idea from the Quest website).

It is super easy and makes 6-8 cookies that you can spread out through out the day! I find sometimes eating a whole quest bar in one sitting can be too sweet (what is WRONG with me? Never used to be a problem).

To make the cookies, I put a quest bar on a plate and microwave for about 11 s. Then cut into 6 or 8 pieces and kind of flatten into squares / cookies shapes. I bake for 5 min at 350 on a foil covered baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Yummy!

Thanks for posting the Quest bar cookies recipe! I made it with the Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie dough bar and it was really tasty. They are MUCH better this way than in the original bar form. But watch out, they will burn just like normal cookies.
  • Quote: There was talk on another thread about turkey sausage. Below is a turkey sausage recipe that I think tastes just like the real thing. You can select your meat this way to make sure the fat ratio is exactly what you are looking for (I also make it with veggie crumbles since my husband is veggie). I thought the ingredients were totally weird, but they magically make your turkey sausage taste amazing. I hope you enjoy it. This is modified from an AllRecipies recipe called "Mom's Turkey Sausage Patties".

1# Ground Turkey
    3/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger
    1 Tsp. Dried Sage
    1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper

I do something similar with ground pork. Take out the ginger and replace it with rosemary and thyme. Makes a great breakfast sausage patty.

Quote: OMG I have a new IP addiction.
    Peanut Butter Cookies!

Now that's a brilliant idea. Think I'm going to try making cookies with the ChocoLite peanut butter protein shake. If not, I think Vitamin Shoppe will be seeing me earlier than normal this month. Lisa, how much of the protein powder do you use? Whole scoop? Half scoop?

Never tried the Quest bars because they always seem to be out of stock, but judging by how many people claim to love them and find them addictive, I think I may skip to the protein powder.

I am not a fan of the IP crispy cereal, so I mixed a pack of that with a pack of the vanilla drink and made a mixed texture cookie. The vanilla rises to the top and is soft and spongy, but the crispy cereal makes a crunchy base. Next time I'll put some cinnamon in with the cereal before I add the two and hope that it deepens the flavours.
  • Quote:

I am not a fan of the IP crispy cereal, so I mixed a pack of that with a pack of the vanilla drink and made a mixed texture cookie. The vanilla rises to the top and is soft and spongy, but the crispy cereal makes a crunchy base. Next time I'll put some cinnamon in with the cereal before I add the two and hope that it deepens the flavours.
    this is a versatile recipe...if you use the sugar free torani syrups..
    just choose your flavor!....vanilla, caramel, gingerbread, hazelnut, smores, mango , mocha....etc....

Vanilla Caramel Cookies
    1 Packet of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal (crushed)
    1 Packet of Ideal Protein Vanilla Drink Mix–Do not use Vanilla Pudding or the Vanilla Pre–Made. This recipe is for the Vanilla Drink Mix. You can try the recipe with the Chocolate Drink Mix, and the Cappuccino Drink Mix. Remember, not pre-mades and not puddings for this recipe.
    2 Egg whites
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    2 teaspoons of olive oil
    1 teaspoon Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup (made with Splenda). If you do not have this, use an extract you like with an optional packet of Splenda
    Optional Cinnamon for top

Procedure:
    This is so simple. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make batter thicker.
    Equally divide in 12 portions. I use a Wilton Whoopie Pie Pan, sprayed with Pam, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy 6 cookies which equals one product. If you prefer, you can bake a cake from this batter as well–350 degrees for approximately 14 minutes.
  • KEY LIME TARTS

Equivalent to 2 Ideal Protein servings

Makes approximately 6 tarts

Filling

4 + 1 packets of True Lime flavoring (approximately 1 level

teaspoon)

3 ounces of water

Splenda or Stevia, to taste

1 packet of Ideal Protein Vanilla Pudding

Crust

1 packet of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal

1 egg white

1 to 1 1/2 ounces of water

Meringue

2 egg whites for meringue

Mini-muffin baking cups and Non-stick spray

Filling: dissolve True Lime flavoring in water. Add a little Stevia or Splenda to taste. The

taste should be sweet but tart. Add the contents of one Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding and

mix well until smooth. No lumps. The consistency will be thicker than your normal pudding.

Cover and refrigerate.

For the crust: pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the packet of Ideal Protein

Maple Oatmeal with the egg white and water, just enough for a stiff but manageable dough

to form. Lightly coat your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Moisten your hands(if you don’t,

the ‘dough’ will stick to your fingers) and form little balls using approximately 2 to 3

teaspoons of dough. Place one dough ball in each baking cup. Press dough down as thinly as

possible across the bottom and the sides forming a little ‘cup'(the dough will “poof” a little

during baking). Bake for approximately 5 minutes or longer, if necessary. For crispy tart

shells, remove them from the muffin tin and place them upside down on fop of the tin and

bake for a few more minutes until golden brown. If the cup cake shells are too thick, don’t

bother, as they will be too hard. Cool on a wire rack. Take key lime filing out of the

refrigerator and stir in the last packet of True Lime flavoring to give your filling an extra

tangy Florida key lime bite.

For the meringue: beat two egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fill ‘pastry’ shells till not quite

full. Garnish with a small dollop of meringue and a tiny slice of paper-thin slice of fresh

lime.