Alternative Spreadsheet

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've started trying to build a spreadsheet to help people easily see what's restricted or not. I haven't seen anything like this for alternatives. Has this been done before? (don't want to invest a bunch of time if it has been).

Here's what I've got so far:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rSGtzMnc#gid=0
  • Link says I need permission to acess this
  • Oops, should be fixed now.
  • Just hold on before you get too crazy as I really do think there is a spreadsheet already. I just don't know how to link things. I'm gonna try tho'...let's see if the internet shuts down or something LOL

Not sure if my attachment worked but it's not mine. I got it from here somewhere

• Aahh, yeah, I've seen that one before. The formatting is super wonky for me though and it's too hard to read (has charts split all over the place). Maybe it's just my computer though.
  • Well, I find if you take time to research it, or make a spreadsheet, you'll definitely know what you're talking about. If you've seen the one I'm showing, and it isn't what you want, that keep goin'! I was just trying to save you some work if you hadn't seen that one. I'm limited by where I am to what options I have, so I don't need a spreadsheet. Just a prayer that when I go to Costco or Walmart they have my bars and shakes
  • Quote: I've started trying to build a spreadsheet to help people easily see what's restricted or not. I haven't seen anything like this for alternatives. Has this been done before? (don't want to invest a bunch of time if it has been).

Haven't seen you around in a while - how's it going?

Also, the marshmallow bar in the spreadsheet - have you tried it yet? I'm tempted to order it.

And the spreadsheet is great, IMO.
  • Quote: I was just trying to save you some work if you hadn't seen that one. I'm limited by where I am to what options I have, so I don't need a spreadsheet. Just a prayer that when I go to Costco or Walmart they have my bars and shakes
    Thank you for attaching that PDF. While it doesn't work well for me, it might be a big help to others. I'm pretty sure Nashua Nutrition ships to Canada. I'm sure you've probably checked it out already though.

Quote: Haven't seen you around in a while - how's it going?

Also, the marshmallow bar in the spreadsheet - have you tried it yet? I'm tempted to order it.

And the spreadsheet is great, IMO.
    It's been going much better the last few weeks. I got a little discouraged last month and took some time off the board (the exact opposite of what I should have done, lol). I didn't want to sound like a whiner over here! I've changed around what foods I've been having, and so far that's got me back on track.

No, I haven't tried the Chocolate Marshmallow bar. Just figured since that was the first tab, I'd better put something there to show people what I was trying to do. I don't like 95% of chewy protein bars, so even if I had tried it, I wouldn't be able to give you an unbiased opinion.

Hope all is well with you as well!
  • Quote: I've started trying to build a spreadsheet to help people easily see what's restricted or not. I haven't seen anything like this for alternatives. Has this been done before? (don't want to invest a bunch of time if it has been).

I think this spreadsheet is a great idea. Can you change the permissions so that other 3FC members can edit it? I use several other alternatives from NN that I would like to add as a reference for people.
  • Quote: Just hold on before you get too crazy as I really do think there is a spreadsheet already. I just don't know how to link things. I'm gonna try tho'...let's see if the internet shuts down or something LOL

Not sure if my attachment worked but it's not mine. I got it from here somewhere
    This Chart is super helpful. What do the different colors mean? Thanks!
  • I think the chart is great! Thanks!
  • I like this chart. I have lots of stuff I can add to it but did ou want to stick with bars first? If I put other things in could you arrange them in categories?
  • Wonderful
    This chart is a great idea. However I wish we could edit and add as new products become available or are discontinued, etc. Is that a option for all of us?
  • Love this! Thank you for thinking of it. Perhaps a tab for supplements that are acceptable as alternatives well?

I know I have some quest bars, would be good to add those. I agree that having the ability to add contributors might be a big plus. There are pros and cons I guess, but mainly seems like it should be less work for one person.

Awesome idea and a great start. Thank you!

*EDIT* Just saw that this is for Nashua Nutrition, so either disregard suggestions that can not be ordered from them or take them as ideas for more tabs?
  • You might want to PM the OP. I haven't seen her around lately. Hopefully she is lurking tho!