150 lbs gone

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Finally hit 150 lbs gone. I wish that i felt better but I dont. My hair has fallen out and i think i lost a lot of muscle with my fat. Its funny I feel worse now then I did at 477 lbs. But i am gonna keep going!
  • Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work and hopefully you'll feel better soon!
  • Congratulations on your weightloss!
  • Congrats!
  • Fantastic !
  • That's great and quite the accomplishment but if you are losing hair and muscle and feeling run down, maybe it's time to try something different. Maybe nutritionally, maybe exercise wise. You're doing great but put getting healthy before getting thin!
  • That is an incredible accomplishment!! Way to go!!
  • re:
    Don't feel bad, you're doing a great job!

Have you talked to someone about your hair and how you feel? Maybe your diet is missing a key vitamin or nutrient that is causing the problems?
  • That is great. However, i recommend seeing a doctor about the hair loss and how your feeling. Like others said it might be a vitamin issue.
  • Congrats on the weight loss! However, I would talk to a doctor about your hair loss. I was losing hair because I was anemic and I didn't know it. Hair loss is usually a sign of some aspect of the body not getting what it needs. So definitely check into that.

But 150 lbs is fantastic. Keep up the great work.
  • Quote:
    Congrats on the weight loss! However, I would talk to a doctor about your hair loss. I was losing hair because I was anemic and I didn't know it. Hair loss is usually a sign of some aspect of the body not getting what it needs. So definitely check into that.
    Hair loss CAN be a sign of some sort of vitamin deficiency, but is actually pretty common for people who lose a great deal of weight, and is not a sign that anything is wrong.

Definitely talk to your doctor, but it's just part of the process of losing a massive amount of weight. It will come back. Your hair is just taking a break.

Are you exercising? If not, talk to your doctor about starting an exercise program. Regular exercise can really boost your energy level and you will be so happy when you see the gradual but steady progress you make vis-a-vis fitness.

Congrats!
  • Fantastic!!

Try to remember that your body has been through a lot!! Losing hair, etc, is our body's way of dealing with the extreme stress of major weight loss. I lost a lot of mine, too. Take a Biotin supplement. IT WILL COME BACK. Promise. Keep going, you are doing an amazing job!!
  • Congrats! 150 is a great accomplishment!!

For the hair loss you can try some fish oil, it really helps with the hair and nails. A whole foods multi vitamin might also help.

I think it is extra important to take supplements during weight loss because they help our bodies cope with the drastic changes going on.

Make sure to reward your weight loss with something that makes you feel special. Like a new item of clothing, or a foot bath, or a manicure! Maybe even a body pillow or a nice pair of slippers. Spoil yourself, you definitely deserve it!
  • First of all, yay for 150 lbs gone!!! That's awesome progress! We started at similar sizes and it sounds like we had a few of the same issues.

I lost a ton of hair in the first 80 pounds or so. It's just now starting to level out. Both my MD and my stylist told me it's normal. The body just freaks out when you drop a lot of weight.

As for the feeling crappy; are you maybe pushing a little too hard and under eating? I know I had to play around with my calories to find the sweet spot where I was still rapidly losing but feeling good. Are you exercising? Strength training will help combat muscle loss. If your numbers are good keep in mind that those fat cells you're burning up are releasing a ton of hormones and crap into your system. You may want to look into dry brushing to stimulate your lymph system.

Like other posters said, take some omega supplements and a good multi, and make sure your change is healthy. It's not a race, you're trying to be healthy and thin, not just skinny at all costs. If you don't feel good, there's a chance you'll backslide into your old habits.