I have a date....conversation in my house

• background, daughter's bday sleep over had to be cancelled, the 7 yr old and 9 mos old are sick and feverish, so still germy. We still did build your own pizza's, using lavash flatbread, lots of fresh veggies, pizza sauce and cheese. We also had a boston cream pie planned instead of her build your own cupcakes, we'll save those for her rescheduled party. Anyway, I know I'd been low on calories the last few days and had already entered what I planned to put on my pizza calorie wise, so I could have a piece of pie. The entire piece of bread is 100 calories, and roughly 8x5", so pretty good sized. This is the resulting conversation between the hubs and I

him: honey, you haven't eaten much, would you like some more?
    me: no, I'm planning a piece of pie, and I have a date with the teens in the next week or so
    him: the teens? do I know them? Or are they a couple from your classes?
    me: what? what are you talking about?
    him: the teens? the people you're meeting for lunch next week or so....?
    me: (staring at him while trying not to giggle) the teens, as in the next decade...
    him: but you said you're seeing them next week or the week after?!
    me: the TWO TEENS
    him: I KNOW YOU SAID THE TEENS ALREADY
    me: (flat out laughing) the 2teens, as in 200 + a set of numbers that equates between 11-19.....
    him: what. the. ****. are you talking about woman?!
    me: the SCALE!
    him: oh. you realize, you talk about them like they're PEOPLE?
    me: yes, people I dont wanna know for long!

Gave me a giggle, figured someone else would enjoy it
  • Hahaha!!! Classic Male!!!
  • Love it LOL
  • Lol... This is great... I can just imagine what was going through his mind!
  • rotflmao!!!!
  • love it!
  • That was so funny, I loved it!!!!

Told it to my husband, he didn't get it!!
  • I could see that dialog on a sitcom! LOL! That was awesome!
  • DH wanted to know why I was laughing--I may try to explain it to him, but it might be too much background for him to get!
  • Very funny. We do think differently, don't we?

Lin
  • LOVE IT! Half the time my DH doesn't have a clue as to what I am talking about either. I don't even have the energy to try to explain it in a way he would understand. He would probably still look at me dazed and confused.