Law Student Here!

• Hello everyone, my name is Alexa and I'm a 22-year-old, first-year law student. I moved 1000 miles away from home and managed to gain about 10 pounds my first semester. Now I'm back and ready to shed the weight.

When I was little I was thin. Too thin. Then I got older and became more sedentary, and the weight started to pile on. I remember being about 8 when I first became self-conscious of my weight, but I didn't know how to fix it. When I was a teenager I starved a lot off. At one point I weighed 50 pounds less than I do now. (I was 5'8" and 150 pounds at my lowest; now 196.) I didn't enjoy being thin though, because I still had a high percentage of body fat.

This time is different. I'm a week into Dr. Ian Smith's Shred Diet and I've lost 5.6 pounds already. For me the diet is amazing. It's easy to follow and I don't feel like I'm starving or hungry ever. It's metabolically sound and doesn't require you to eat a lot of "weird" stuff, mainly smaller portions, and it has you eating something at least every 3 hours. For me this is a godsend. My parents are always harping on me to lose weight (when they can't do it themselves!) and my brother in the armed forces is at the pinnacle of physical fitness while stuffing himself with cheeseburgers. I'm very excited about this diet. So far it seems to be working and keeps my cravings at bay.

I'm an "all or nothing" person. I don't do moderation. My mother is mystified as to why I can't leave bags of sweets and chips lying about the house. "If you'd only eat a little and put the rest away!" she says, in her high-and-mighty tone, but unlike her I can't do that. If I bring junk into the house it gets eaten immediately, so I don't have it here anymore. Anyway, I'll quit rambling. Time to get started.
  • Hi Alexa, welcome to 3FC!
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!