End of week 3 and feeling a little diappointed

• Well I made it was3 weeks now and I as happy I have made it this far but this morning when I checked my progress on the scale from last week I found I have only lost 600g. I know it seems silly to be disappointed with that, does it? But my first week I lost 2.5kg, and 1.7kg the week after and while I knew that it wasn't going to carry on like that forever I had hoped to lose around about 1kg a week.

My goal was between 500g to 1kg a week and I am still between that so I shouldn't be disappointed but somehow I am. This week has been hard and I haven't been able to exercises as intensely as I wanted to because I have just been feeling exhausted. I workout every morning for half an hour but I was finding it harder the beginning of this week because I worked the weekend and haven't had a break yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to get it out my system, I just need to keep at it, maybe after the weekend off I'll be more motivated to exercise harder.
  • Any loss is a cause for celebration. Some weeks will be better than others. Just keep on keepin on!
  • Quote:
    I had hoped to lose around about 1kg a week.
    You're not just meeting that goal, you're exceeding it.

Total weight lost = 4.8kg
    Total weeks = 3

Rate of loss = 1.6 kg/week

That's well ahead of your target rate.
  • Quote: You're not just meeting that goal, you're exceeding it.

Total weight lost = 4.8kg
    Total weeks = 3

Rate of loss = 1.6 kg/week

That's well ahead of your target rate.
    Wow, you know now that you put it that way I actually feel much better. Thanks so much!

Quote:
    Any loss is a cause for celebration. Some weeks will be better than others. Just keep on keepin on!
    You're right, and I will. At least I haven't gained!

*hugs penmage back*

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I have a much better feeling about the week to come now.
  • Your weight-loss pattern is entirely normal and predictable. People tend to lose by far the most weight in the first couple of weeks, but most of that is water. 600 g in a week is great -- absolutely nothing to be disappointed about.

F.
  • If your struggling to keep the intensity up in your workouts just cut the workout time in half. Intensity is more important then duration. I start my patients out working out 6 minutes at a time and work up to 12 minutes.

30 minute workouts create too much stress(cortisol) and will cause you to plateau.

Hope this helps.

In Health,
    Dr. J

Drofthecause