Daily Thread--(Simply Filling/CORE) January 16-31, 2013

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • Now we know who it is we all love! I hope various DH's don't get too jealous.

My friend was better after stopping the meds and getting more food and water in her system. Type 1 diabeties is a ravaging disease. I may go to Toronto today. If you don't hear from me for a few days, that's good news.

Nancy, have fun. I love the mountains too, but ice is a worry. I know you'll be careful.

Sandra, congrats on the loss.

Anybody have a Vitamix? My friend does and says it is wonderful.
  • Curtis and I had a threesome with Mr. Hershey. Lots of kisses! I am so addicted to chocolate. Curtis is, too.

No Vitamix here. I have heard good things about them, though.

Sloan, enjoy your snow day. I used to look forward to those. Students don't realize how much teachers look forward to them, too.
  • Sandra, your threesome made me laugh out loud, literally, not "lol, but really laugh!!
  • Sloan, you're cute. I'm laughing, too.
  • Sandra, I have eaten mostly core this week, and have lost less than one pound. Are you finding that you are losing consistently by counting points? I probably need to stick to counting points, but core is so convenient! I think I would trade counting points and losing faster for convenience, though. If you don't mind, would you tell me your average weekly loss? BTW, tell Mr. Hershey hello for me
  • Good Morning Chicks! It is freezing here but sunny. We are expecting an ice storm from Sunday into Monday with almost a quarter inch of ice. NOT good. We'll be staying home snug as bugs and praying that the power stays on.

I've been cooking Core and trying to keep my portions small. I think that was my big problem with Core before. I'm not going to WW nor am I calculating points. For the moment, I'm try to FOCUS (no Hocus Pocus) on eating healthy small portions and am trying to be satisfied in my brain. You see I have a problem with food in that I do NOT need to be hungry to eat. Sigh. It is a constant battle.

Last night we had Lemon Garlic Chicken, baked fries from REAL potatoes, fresh green beans and homemade applesauce. It was delicious. I'd had two boneless thighs and wanted more. It was hard to stop but I did.

I'm also not getting on the scale because I know I would be depressed and probably eat bad things. I don't know when I'll get on the scale again actually. I have a Nephrologist appointment on February 6th so I guess I'll be on the scale then and be forced to discuss my gain from last year with her. That will be a less than pleasant conversation. Oh well....it is what it is and I can only deal with the situation from here.

BTW, I too love chocolate. I'm trying to eat more natural, healthy food in smaller portions. My current love are Kind bars but only the ones with dark chocolate on them. Lots of nuts...some with fruit and a thin layer of chocolate. Kind of high in the calories (pun intended) but very delicious and satisfying. I have them for dessert at night with a great cup of black decaf and I am very satisfied. They have nice nutritionals...fiber, protein...to go along with the fat which is primarily from the nuts. That's my review for today.

Light and love to all of you. I shall try to check in more often.
  • Sloan, I have been AOL from WW points counting this week, so I really can't say. I think either would work if we stuck with them. I know you're sticking better than I did, though. Let us know what you decide.

Vickie, I am sending you for success. You do sound focused. I was last week. I'm not sure what happened this week. I need to pull out my duster. Your dinner sounds delicious.

We were at a tournament most of the day and will be tomorrow, too. I'm tired tonight.
  • Had a great trip to Boone. The roads were quite slippery when we got into the foothills yesterday but we did fine. We took both kids out to an early dinner and then stayed at a cabin over night that my cousin's daughter is renting...
    This morning we had a late brunch , some shopping and drove home.

It was a good chance for my cousin and I to talk in depth about her engagement.

Eating has been a free for all Friday & Saturday...
    Also just had dinner over at a friends and she made an amazing
    Veal, cheese, spinach & prosciutto puffed pastry...Good stuff..
    So like Vickie said "It is what it is " ,
    I will weigh, assess the damage and adjust my weight tracker in the morning ..
  • We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus
  • Sloan, I didn't answer your question. I lost 1.2 last week. I don't have an average. I've been so on and off. Or is that off and on?

Nancy, I hear ya. It is what it is for me, too.
  • Quote: We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus

It's a new week. I am not going to let a little slip undo weeks of
    good choices !!!
  • I am planning my week's food right now. I will have lunches as well as dinners ready or ready to cook for the week. I know that if I am prepared, I will be much more successful. Plan, plan, plan, chicks!!!!

Thanks for the info, Sandra. I think I will count points for most of the week and see what happens. I am very serious about being back to my goal by the end of May! I can do this!

We can do this!
  • Quote:
    We can do this!
    With all these cheers how can we fail?

Good success to all of us.
  • Good Morning Chicks! We are having an ice storm here.

Hey Sloan....did you Nephew get enough cards?
  • Vickie, be careful.

Sloan, I was wondering the same thing. Have you heard?

Okay, I'm dusting right now.