What's in your lunch today?

• I thought we could help each other out and post our healthy, low-calorie packed lunch for those of us working or going to school away from home. I know a lot of us are making commitments to pack...and let's face it, it's hard to be creative.

Today I packed a tuna mixed with dijon mustard and chives with one piece of bread (open faced sandwiches are a great low-cal option-you WON'T miss that piece of bread!) and a clementine, with a banana and a bit of ovaltine w/ skim milk for second meal (12 hour shifter here)

What're you all eating today?
  • A handful of dried dates, 2 bananas, 3 apples, a handful of spinach leaves, a grapefruit and 2 glasses of water.
  • I'm packing lunches for 4 days this week since I'm going to be away from home on a job assignment. I'm driving there but staying overnight. I'm bringing yogurt and an apple for each day - I can put it in the company fridge when I get there. I stay much better on plan if I limit my food options.
  • Good idea!

I've got some homemade lentil soup, homemade butter chicken (without actual butter...lol it was a spice blend!) and a pear

Happy eating!
  • broccoli florets with a little dip
    spinach salad
    baked salmon
  • I'm not a brown-bagger since I'm currently a SAHW but my lunches are usually simple enough that they could be packed.

Yesterday I had:
    1 oz turkey
    1/2 whole wheat wrap
    1 T sour cream
    1 T salsa
    3/4 oz. shredded cheese
    not enough lettuce worth counting
    Total:218 calories

Today
    3/4 oz. turkey (all that was left)
    1/2 whole wheat wrap
    1 T Maries Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing
    not enough lettuce worth counting
    Total:189
  • A cup of split pea soup
  • I am currently home schooled so I am not a lunch bringer or anything but I am having 1 97% fat free hot dog with bun and 1 boiled egg. 250/1500 calories.
  • Today I had a salad with: chicken, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, pecans, roasted red pepper and garlic spread (from trader joes) and guacamole.

It was a very good salad!
  • I've been eating lots of raw veggies for lunch lately. My typical lunch is:

1.5 cups of broccoli
    1 cup of baby carrots
    1 zucchini
    1 green pepper
    1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
  • broccoli with cheese - 100 cal
    chicken salad - 250 cal
  • Lean cuisine: fetticini alfredo
  • Quote: Good idea!

I've got some homemade lentil soup, homemade butter chicken (without actual butter...lol it was a spice blend!) and a pear

Happy eating!
    Yes, please! Yum!
  • Last night, I forgot that I was going out to lunch today, so I packed a large salad (romaine, cuke, celery, green onion, shallots, carrots, strawberries) with 1/4 cup of cheese and 4 oz of chicken. (The shallots and chicken were dinner leftovers)

I had a half Santa Fe salad without a breadstick at Max & Erma's, though, and am saving the salad for tomorrow.

My most frequent lunch is a variation on the salad--measured quantity of cheese and some sort of meat on a bed of vegetables and one fruit.

One day last week I made a chicken salad using vinagrette to augment the mayonaise, and it came out at a reasonable number of calories for a salad topper at lunch.

One thing I've decided is that I'm buying my favorite fruits even if they're expensive this time of year--they aren't as expensive as eating out would be and they aren't as expensive as my extra weight is dangerous to my health.