My First 5 Mile Run!!!!!!!!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I did it!!!!! I've been on this journey for almost 2 years in April. Lately, I've been feeling like I just want it over with. I want to hit maintenance and stop pushing for the weight loss. I know this is a temporary feeling but I just decided to dig in and do it. I've tightened my daily eating routine and upped my exercise slightly.

Today was in the 60s which is unheard of in my area for January (snow is coming tomorrow evening). Since it was nice, I decided to go for it. Previously, my longest outside run was a little over 4.1 miles. I've been working on speed on the treadmill because of the cold weather. I felt strong and just decided to go for it....AND I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 miles, outside AND I TOOK ALMOST A MINUTE OFF MY MILE PACE. I kept telling myself that I am stronger than I think I am. I kept repeating my motto....FAITH, FOCUS, FINISH.....AND I DID IT.

Too think, less than a year ago, I WAS SCARED TO RUN 1 MINUTE. I started C25K in April 2012 and today I ran 5 miles...may not have been as fast as some but I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to celebrate here....thanks for reading my long post. Just excited
  • Woo-hoo! Congrats!

Fast is over-rated! I'm a slow runner, but a mile is still a mile. I've got my first half marathon next month. I'm excited and terrified. I only started running in August.
  • Awesome, so happy for you!!!!
  • That is AWESOME!

I am not a runner, so it means a lot! Lol
  • Amazing!
  • Fantastic!! I love running, and the feeling of hitting new distances is amazing, isn't it?
  • Super yay!!!!
  • That's amazing!
  • Bravo! Excellent! I can relate, I started running in August and I am going to run a 5k in April.
  • Wow, you took a whole minute off your mile pace? That is huge! The joy at your accomplishment is so contagious and inspiring! You have made me want to become a runner again. I am a runner who went through a period of slacking and am now trying to get back into it. I have run 2 marathons in the past and now can barely get through 3 miles without wanting to walk.

Congratulations on this accomplishment, and thank you for sharing it with us. You have lit a fire in me. Good luck!
  • That is AWESOME!!!
  • I'm certainly not a runner, in fact Just recently I have relearned the art of walking..... SO congratulations I know the rush of pride and self accomplishments, as today you did your 1st five miles, and today I did my first mile on the treadmill, I'm beaming from ear to ear, along with my mile walk I did my first weekly weigh in and I've lost my 1st five pounds... WTG
  • Wow... that is amazing... running 5 miles is hard, I'm really proud you just did it congrats..
  • Yes, Celebrate! Running is so good in so many ways!

Next up, double digits: 10k or 6.1 miles. That was a memorable milestone for me.

I hope it stays fun and exciting for you!