Small achievment, but huge for me :)

• I haven't walked at a brisk steady pace in a LONG time. I always stop for a break or go slow. But since I've started this new lifestyle 4 days ago, today I walked 3km in 30 minutes plus a 5 minute cool down followed by stretching.

Got 2 of the dogs, a bottle of water, my headphones and went without stopping. Felt fantastic ! Cannot wait to keep this going
  • Awesome, congrats on your achievement! My dog is so happy that I walk now, sometimes he's my motivation as he smiles and wags when I get his leash and coat out!
  • Thanks

Definitely beneficial for the dogs too. I live in the county on a farm so I just walk the property. They get to run freely through the fields.

Never thought I'd enjoy it this much !
  • Super yay!!!
  • When I started walking, I was so out of shape. I could hardly walk 3 houses up (maybe 1/4th of a mile). I was so happy when I could do it easily, with no breaks or panting back home! It felt like such an achievement and really, it was! Maybe not for others but certainly for me. Slowly but surely I added on to my time and distance.

We should celebrate ourselves for every achievement, they are all part of the big picture! I'm so happy for you!
  • Quote: When I started walking, I was so out of shape. I could hardly walk 3 houses up (maybe 1/4th of a mile). I was so happy when I could do it easily, with no breaks or panting back home! It felt like such an achievement and really, it was! Maybe not for others but certainly for me. Slowly but surely I added on to my time and distance.

We should celebrate ourselves for every achievement, they are all part of the big picture! I'm so happy for you!
    Thanks !

I take big steps (no pun intended), so I'd like to get to at least 4 km in 2 weeks. So that'll upgrade it so a slight jog.
  • Way to go!