Train with a fat girl?

• Training for a Tri- Interested??

Hi all- well, I am signing up to train for a "tri for fun". It is designed for newbies, or overweight, out of shape people as a fun, non-threatening way to do a race.

The training is for 10weeks and is in the morning from 6-7:30am Tues, wed and thurs. One day is running, the next biking, and finally, the dreaded swim... why dreaded? swimsuit of course!

So, if you read my site, you know I am overweight and not in the best shape- but I do work out regularly and I am scared to death to do a tri, so I decided it was just what I needed.

The tri is in Northern California- pleasanton, I think- if anyone lives in this area and is going to do it- or just wants to train where they live as a fun new challenge- email me or let me know! I will have more details in my journal- you can click below to get there.

Have a great weekend!!
  • i will
    hi, i thought i replied to this, but i pm'ed you.... i am looking forward to your reply. this running for us bigger gals is a new thought for me, but this site is so exciting......
    ok, ttfn
  • Hey ya Kim! Did you get my PM? I am new at that and not sure if it was sent and received or not...
  • Hi! Just found this today and I'm dying to know - how's it going?
  • Oh - just checked your site - wow!
  • Santana,
    I just looked at your website, too (because NicoleNYC had said she had)...I cried! what an inspiration! I have been very "blah/sad/whatever" lately and just by reading your site, I realize I do have the power to get back in gear. THANK YOU for sharing!
  • Cool! Thanks hottie and Nicole! I really enjoy my website/journal and it has been so incredibly motivating to me especially when I know I helped encourage someone else.
    Just got back from vaca and checking in on the puter- will be updating soon...

We will all succeed!!