"Well, you have to first lose 20lbs to get to 40"

• I was with some friends at a bar the other night and a male friend noted that I looked a little slimmer. I've lost just over 20lbs - so on my build that's not too noticeable. I have a long way to go. I made a joke like "its a cup out of the ocean."

And he responded with "well, you have to first lose 20 lbs in order to lose 40".

And that has really stuck with me. Its such a great attitude. When the scale is moving slowly we have to remind ourselves, that in order to get to the big goal, we first have to take and experience these little steps. So even though 20lbs or 10 lbs or 1 lb may not seem like much, they are on our journey to the bigger numbers.

So remind yourselves daily when you feel frustrated that you still haven't lost that much or that its not noticeable yet - you have to first lose a small amount to ever get to the big amount!
  • oops I posted this in the wrong section and don't know how to delete it! I am going to post under weight loss support.
  • Quote: oops I posted this in the wrong section and don't know how to delete it! I am going to post under weight loss support.
    All set
  • Well now its here twice - but thats okay I guess! They moved it from another section.
  • What a great quote! I love it Thanks for sharing.
  • Great quote. Might need to print it out and stick it in the bathroom above the scale as a reminder!