What are you eating today? Friday, Jan. 4th

• So...I got on the scale and it was up 1lb. I think it's the Atkins bars I had yesterday or the coffee. I didnt plan on it but was hungry on the way home from work and ate 2 bars. Glad I'm picking up my Quest Bars tonight!

On the menu today:

B: Protein Shake & 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
    L: Meatloaf w/Gravy
    D: Roast Chicken
    S: Quark, Cottage Cheese
  • Atkins bars mess me up too! This time, I'm just not going to buy them.

B: 3 eggs with 15 g of habanero cheese
    L: Thinking rolling up avocado, salsa, a bit of sour cream and cheese in lettuce
    D: Pot roast! (thanks for the idea!) Probably with some veggies on the side, or wrapped in lettuce.
    S: Half a yellow pepper with ranch, two pepperoni sticks, and a cheese string.
  • Ground beef & peppers (400 cal, 4 carbs)
    Cauliflower & dip (300 cal, 4 carbs)
    Chedder/Mozza cheese (300 cal, 0 carbs)
    Turkey (300 cal, 0 carbs)
    4 tbs 35% cream (200, 4 carbs)
    4 Splenda packets (0 calories, 4 carbs)

We're not really supposed to count our calories, but in the past I've found that if I consume too many calories, my body has to burn off what I've ate before it can burn off the fat from my body. Then I stall.

Right now I'm in moderate ketosis, but if I see a lasting drop I might tweak my diet a bit by removing the artifical sweeteners.
  • B: A couple pieces of jerky
    L: couple bites of quisadia, 1/4 can of monster
    S: 3 "chunks" (I don't measure, they were the size of small P. chops) of venison & a bunch of sweet potato fries.

1 C of coffee w/2 packets of splenda. Water-don't remember how much, but not as much as I'm supposed to. That's another goal
  • B: Tall breve sugar free Vanilla Latte
    L: 2 baked chicken drumsticks
    S: Atkins bar & 1 celery w/peanut butter
    D: Chicken w/jalapenos and tomatoes

Quick question ladies. I am on day two of induction, is my peanut butter ok for induction? And the breve coffee?
  • lashorty...last I knew peanut butter wasn't ok for until OWL or later. And I don't know much about the coffee, just know that you can have coffee but when you start adding sweeteners that's when you have to watch what's in it
  • oooooo....I hope this thread keeps going and going and going so I can get some ideas and feedback.....I have found Atkins to be effective in the past--not so much this time around. I'm in phase 1 for 11 days now. Today was the worst ever--went to a restaurant for lunch.....

B: 2 sausage, coffee+cream--no sweetener ~1 carb?
    L: (chinese r) seafood soup ?????
    S: ~2C salad (greens+iceberg,~1/4 tomato, 1/2 T onion, 1/2 egg, 1T low cal dressing ~4 carb?
    D: the rest of the soup ???
    S: ~12 pistachios (I know, I know) + bite of crustless quiche ~5 carb
    Late Night Cheat: To Be Determined?????? (stop me, please!)
  • SeeMyFeet.....why are you having a late night cheat? Do you feel hungry? If you just think you are or just need something to snack/eat...try a piece of cheese and eat it with water
  • dunno BrenM....not a planned cheat, more like an irritated friday feeling that I might rebel and slip off plan....I did have a small glass of 0 carb wine and some cream cheese....not too bad....all things considered....
  • Quote: dunno BrenM....not a planned cheat, more like an irritated friday feeling that I might rebel and slip off plan....I did have a small glass of 0 carb wine and some cream cheese....not too bad....all things considered....
    Definitely not bad! WTG on not doing worse!!