Chicago 2004 Convention: Date?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: Convention Date? Pick ALL that apply!!!
April 3 & 4
15.38%
April 17 & 18
15.38%
April 24 & 25
38.46%
May 1 & 2
38.46%
May 8 & 9
30.77%
May 15 & 16
61.54%
May 22 & 23
53.85%
May 29 & 30 (Memorial Day Weekend)
30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
  • VOTE FOR ALL DATES YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE!!

this way, we can see when the majority of people can come.

this poll includes the weekends of april and may, except easter.

i included memorial day weekend because it's possible people might want to go then and have a long weekend? i don't know -- the poll will tell!
  • I am pretty much available almost any of these weekends ... as long as I have enough warning ie. 2 - 3 months

Dana
  • I just have strong preferences against the 3rd & 4th of April, and Memorial Day weekend. Will have just returned from Aspen/Youth Group ski trip...traveling while in charge of 50 other people...and Memorial Day weekend is the Bolder Boulder, which i do each year with my old roommate from college, and next year it's also my 10 yr High School reunion.

Those are just my preferences...but I'm just one
  • i barely make plans for tomorrow, a year away is a bit much for me! My social calendar doesn't extend that far out, so I am ultimately flexible for whatever date you'all decide.
  • Well, since I'm a teacher, Memorial Day weekend would be the ONLY one of those weekends I could go. The end of the year is crazy for teachers, especially high school teachers (which I hope to be teaching next year!) Is there any way we could move it more into the summer, say, the middle of June?
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Jennelle
    Well, since I'm a teacher, Memorial Day weekend would be the ONLY one of those weekends I could go. The end of the year is crazy for teachers, especially high school teachers (which I hope to be teaching next year!) Is there any way we could move it more into the summer, say, the middle of June?
    How about June 16? That is the day between your & my birthday, hahahahaha CAAAAAAKKKKKKE.

Seriously, I'm in the same boat as Matt. I suppose you want me to vote for something though. *sulks*
  • i'm so open, it doesn't matter to me. anything that gets picked gets scheduled and eerything else in the future gets put around it.

hmm. i'm not opposed to june. i don't know how many people are... but the earlier poll won spring, right?
  • i'm opposed to june cos air fares go up cos its summer season. i wanna travel offpeak if possible. the earlier the better start of may sounds good
  • I need to call around and see what of those dates are convention dates in Chicago. Not all dates are a good idea in Chicago. My internet has been down at work and I haven't been at home at night. I will see what I can find out this weekend.

Also April and May are still pretty Chilly in the Windy City - Maybe we should think about June - so we can do some outdoor activities (SHOPPING!!!)
  • Woo-Hoo SAPF!!! I didn't realize you were a fellow Gemini!
  • bringing this up... vote if you haven't already!! and if you'd prefer june, post and entry and let us know, we might want to push it back a little.
  • One more thing to keep in mind...if we do want to go on Oprah, we'll be at the mercy of their taping schedule.
  • I e-mailed my friend to see if there any especially bad or especially good weekends. We'll see what she has to say.

DeeVine - what hotels in the area can you set us up at? And do you have any date restrictions in doing so??
  • is everybody voting??
  • I have plans every Memorial Weekend from here until eternity (it's my birthday and it's a standing dance weekend). So, Memorial Weekend is out for me. Why so early? School isn't out for we poor students yet? (And the poor teachers).