IP Modified during Pregnancy

• Spoke with my doctor today and explained the IP diet to her and she really liked that I had made the decision to go low carb. With PCOS low carb diets are really fundamental to keeping your hormone levels normal. I asked how low carb is safe to eat for baby time. She looked over the sheet and really liked a combination of Phase 2 and Phase 3. So we are going to put together a plan to maintain/low gain for this pregnancy. Pretty exciting news for those who are concerned about suddenly becoming pregnant and getting out of the healthy eating habits. But speaking to your doctor before you go that road would be best.
  • My DH and I are actively TTC and I have spoken to my coach about what occurs when/if I do get pregnant. She is an RN and I am an NP so we both have some medical/nutrition background (although we are not in women's health).

She told me that 'maintenance' is safe for pregnancy, but there would need to be added dairy in there, I think a total of 3-5 servings per day. I don't see how it could be 'bad' for pregnancy, you don't need an abundance of carbs and/or junk for a healthy pregnancy. P4 is a pretty healthy way of eating! Good luck and hopefully I will be joining you soon!
  • There are some great low-fat, high-protein dairy options that could be easily incorporated, I use nonfat Greek yogurt in a lot of stuff now besides breakfast - dip, Mac & cheese, etc. we are just starting TTC #2 (wanted to maintain for a bit) and its good to hear your Dr.'s input.