January Binge-Free Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
  • Continuing on from December- anyone is welcome to join! Lets get through January without any binges!
  • Today was day 1 for me... gave in last night and I don't even have a reason! But- I'm happy to have gotten back on track right away.. lately I have been going on 2-3 day binges every time. So two steps forward and one step back!
  • I'll join in.

Well done for getting back on track the next day... Getting back on track is never easy.

My last binge was Thursday last week.
    I got through Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day in a controlled way.

I had decided to try to focus on having dried fruit and nuts instead of most normal christmas treats (with the theory that a lot would come through me) and had avoided all chocolate, alcohol, pastries, cakes, biscuits etc.

I weighed in and found that I had gained a full half stone on the previous week and was so upset to have gained so much that I ate loads of biscuits and a box of chocolates.

Thankfully I got back on track the next day.

As a person who has been 294 and got down to a goal of 126 - I am not thrilled with my current weight of 171.4... I know how badly out of control I can get...

If I can just not binge - my weight should come down.
  • I'm in! So far January has been great
  • I'd like to join in this challenge as it has always helped me to get back on track.

Omega - I so agree with you. It's always so hard for me to get back on track once I have fallen off. Yesterday was a perfect OP day for me and I'm hoping to keep it going today. It was soooo hard last night but I successfully made it through the evening without snacking/binging. I'm aiming for another POP day.
  • I'm still OP, today is day 9...
  • Count me in as well. New year -- new goals -- hopefully new results!
  • i'm hoping today is day 1 for me. i had a few days of bad candy binging.
  • I am definitely in on this challenge. So far so good, it has been 2 days binge free for me! We can all do this!!
  • I'm in for sure! I've been mostly binge free since Dec. 26th, but over did it a little bit on sushi and almond ice cream bites on the 31st (stayed within my calorie goals, but still felt like a loser).

Let's go January!!
  • Melfitstar - I hope that you felt like a loser in a good way (as in losing weight). Feeling like a loser in a bad way never helps - and you should certainly have felt proud of yourself for staying within your calorie goal.
  • SaraL- is that you in your avatar picture? If it is, I love your dreads!

I've been having a tough time ever since getting home yesterday. I ate a lot, but I hadn't eaten much the few days before, so it was justified. Plus, it wasn't sneaky and out of control. Today, however, I've been trying really hard not to binge. I managed not to stuff my face with even more granola than I already had eaten, I didn't make a pb&j or chocolate oatmeal, and I didn't eat the entire container of tofu I made last night. Instead, I had a couple of apples and 2 large salads (with maybe a bit too much oil vinaigrettes) to keep myself from eating any more granola. So it didn't get too out of hand, and I definitely had success with saying no, but I'm still not sure if I should start the binge-free count over.
    If I manage to go the rest of the day without messing up, I'll count it as Day 8, but if I do mess up- even a little bit, I'm gonna say I'm back at Day 1 tomorrow.
  • I'm definitely in and feeling confident. Almost through Day 2 binge-free, with a healthy salmon dinner still to come.

Assuming I do get thru today, I will be at 38 days binge-free
  • I'm in. January is the month of clean eating for me after Christmas. I've been binge free since November. I want to beat my previous record of 3 months. Good luck everyone!
  • I'm joining as well- I did eat a lot of junk (not binging but just constant munching) on New Year's Eve but I ate better on New Year's day and today. Went out with my hubby tonight to buy meals and some snacks so I can easily meal plan without becoming obsessed with food. (Hubby started his very first diet as well so that's a big motivator to keep me on track)