Shirataki Noodles??

• Are shirataki noodles acceptable for use on Atkins? Anyone have any ideas or tips for using them if they are? Just trying to get some ideas for pasta substitutes.
  • I tried them years ago and hated them! OMG! they are simply gross! They have a weird texture - slimy and the smell is fishy.

I think they would be acceptable on Induction but I wouldnt bother with them.
  • They are acceptable on induction, the ones without tofu. there is a specific way to cook them for best texture and you really have to rinse them in cold water for a good long while prior to cooking because they come packaged in a water solution that has a fishy smelling preservative. Most people can't get past the smell of that, but I assure you if you rinse them right and cook them right they are good. Let me know if you want to know the proper way to cook them.
  • I'd LOVE to know that too...how on Earth do you cook them and make them palatable.
  • PLEASE let me know! I think it'll help curb my craving for pasta, so i'm willing to give it a shot!
  • Quote: PLEASE let me know! I think it'll help curb my craving for pasta, so i'm willing to give it a shot!
    That craving will go away. I'm Italian so I grew up eating pasta every day and still cook it daily for my dad but now I have no desire to eat it. The point of Induction is to get rid of the cravings - give it time, it'll work.
  • I love these ! I use them as pasta for spaghetti bologneses, and in stir fries and with prawns, garlic and mushrooms with light cream for a real treat. I agree they smell at first but I rinse them thoroughly and then cook them in a pan with other flavours. They have been a life saver for me.
  • Shirata
    Look on Miracle Noodle facebook page for customer recipes or their website
  • Shirataki noodles
    Look on Miracle Noodle facebook page for customer recipes or their website
  • I use shirataki noodles now and then. The smell is horrid, and the rinsing they recommend is inadequate. That said, they do have a reasonably pasta-like texture and after cooking they have little or no flavor, so the sauce and other condiments are the flavoring.