Losing in 2013

• I've been yo-yo'ing for the past three or four years due to ridiculous life-changes. At one point in time I was in onderland after losing over 60 pounds, but I gained all that back plus 20 more when life fell apart and had to be rebuilt. Lately I've noticed it is uncomfortable/harder for me to tie my shoes, bent over, walk four blocks to work, or even climb a couple flights of stairs. So, I'm committed to making some serious weight loss happen this year. I used to participate in a small support group on here years ago, but got side-tracked. I'm looking for a few friends on here so we can motivate each other, keep ourselves on track, share difficulties and successes, etc.

A little about me...

My name is Amanda and I'm 31 years old. I live in Pittsburgh and work downtown as a registered assistant to a financial advisor. Live with my boyfriend and my dog (a chihuahua mix) in an apartment in the suburbs. I grew up in Charleston, WV and lived in Albuquerque, NM for over seven years. I love music, movies, and knitting.

As far as my "plan"--I'm a calorie counter. I recently bought an elliptical machine so I have the other side of the weight loss coin instead of just trying to manage by eating right only.

Anyone want to buddy up and make 2013 a successful and healthy year?
  • Of course let's do it ;-) Im 23 and live with my bf and we have a yorkie... As far as fitness goes I do Jillian Micheals No More Trouble Zones in the morning and after jog/run for about an hour. I started this routine last week and I am motivated to continue and keep pushing myself.