IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 1/1/2013

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
  • Happy New Year!! Here's to wishing everyone a happy, healthy 2013!!!
  • Need help starting over stayed 100 percent IP until Thanksgiving on off on off. I have had to deal with a daughter with drug addition for the last few weeks and been scared out of my mind. Never thought I would have to deal with anything likes this in a million years. Only God can help her now. Made me realize we deal with it when it comes to food. I'm a person who uses food like a drug. I do not need a tongue bastion I need advice how to get back 100 percent. Not using a coach ordering from plain protein. Thanks for any help.
  • Newlady- I would say you have taken that first step buy understanding your unhealthy relationship with food. I am not going to try to pretend I know what you are going thru with your daughter and how hard and stressful it must be, all I can say is food is not going to fix that problem. You have already lost 41lbs with 24lbs more to go so my guess is you know what to do protocol wise, hopefully our support can help you stay OP.
  • Quote: Need help starting over stayed 100 percent IP until Thanksgiving on off on off. I have had to deal with a daughter with drug addition for the last few weeks and been scared out of my mind. Never thought I would have to deal with anything likes this in a million years. Only God can help her now. Made me realize we deal with it when it comes to food. I'm a person who uses food like a drug. I do not need a tongue bastion I need advice how to get back 100 percent. Not using a coach ordering from plain protein. Thanks for any help.
    Newlady
    Welcome back. I too had lost my way and relapsed from my food addiction because of life events. I have been back for almost a week and I am so glad I made the desicion to come back. You know what to do, just do it. It's a New Year, Its a New start, We are here for you. Good luck!
  • Commenting on posts from yesterday about yellow summer squash.

I get that yellow zuchinni is ok, but what about what used to be called crookneck squash or summer squash. It's nutrition numbers are very similar to zuchinni, but I would interpret the sheet as not allowing it.

Yellow zuchinni:

Crookneck or summer squash:

• Quote: Newlady- I would say you have taken that first step buy understanding your unhealthy relationship with food. I am not going to try to pretend I know what you are going thru with your daughter and how hard and stressful it must be, all I can say is food is not going to fix that problem. You have already lost 41lbs with 24lbs more to go so my guess is you know what to do protocol wise, hopefully our support can help you stay OP.
    Well said Monica, I agree. Welcome back Newlady.

You must be a wonderful nurse Monica; you are always thougtful and loving in your comments. Love the flowers hubbie gave you, how sweet!
  • Quote: Well said Monica, I agree. Welcome back Newlady.

You must be a wonderful nurse Monica; you are always thougtful and loving in your comments. Love the flowers hubbie gave you, how sweet!
    Although I am new, I agree! Newlady thoughts and prayers are with you.

On a side note, I attended two parties last night, chatted, drank my Pellegrino and made it home without eating a morsel or touching alcohol!
    Woo hoo!!!!!
  • Happy New Year!!! I didn't even try to stay awake to welcome in the new year. Here is to a great 2013...
  • Quote: Newlady- I would say you have taken that first step buy understanding your unhealthy relationship with food. I am not going to try to pretend I know what you are going thru with your daughter and how hard and stressful it must be, all I can say is food is not going to fix that problem. You have already lost 41lbs with 24lbs more to go so my guess is you know what to do protocol wise, hopefully our support can help you stay OP.
    Thank and you are right and I have to begin and brush off the failure I fill. Everyone thank you I know the support I get here will carry me threw. THANK YOU THANK YOU.
  • Happy 2013, everyone!

I restarted IP on Saturday...this time with my husband. We both want to lose 35 pounds. We have our motivations. Him for his military PT test and me for our beach vacation in June.

I am finding it easy and exciting this time, but I worry about when I go back to work. I am a teacher and I need convenience. It's much more convenient to be OP at home with my kitchen than at school. So, I am starting to stress a little.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great OP day
  • Quote: Commenting on posts from yesterday about yellow summer squash.

I get that yellow zuchinni is ok, but what about what used to be called crookneck squash or summer squash. It's nutrition numbers are very similar to zuchinni, but I would interpret the sheet as not allowing it.

Yellow zuchinni:

Crookneck or summer squash:

When they referred to yellow squash in yesterday's thread they were talking about crookneck/summer squash. Those are fine to have on phase 1. The ones on the "no" list are winter squash, which have much higher carbs than the summer variety.

Quote: Although I am new, I agree! Newlady thoughts and prayers are with you.

On a side note, I attended two parties last night, chatted, drank my Pellegrino and made it home without eating a morsel or touching alcohol!
    Woo hoo!!!!!
    Congrats for ringing in the new year OP!!
  • Hello, Happy New Year. Oh dear...I have a serious reboot to do...I'm to embarrassed to post what I'm at right now...as I begin to lose it I'll admit to it. Very pathetic...But, it is what it is and I'm strong enough to get back on track and lose it (again).

I know I'm in good company and you'll all help with your experiences and words of wisdom! Tx!
  • Quote: Need help starting over stayed 100 percent IP until Thanksgiving on off on off. I have had to deal with a daughter with drug addition for the last few weeks and been scared out of my mind. Never thought I would have to deal with anything likes this in a million years. Only God can help her now. Made me realize we deal with it when it comes to food. I'm a person who uses food like a drug. I do not need a tongue bastion I need advice how to get back 100 percent. Not using a coach ordering from plain protein. Thanks for any help.
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter - that's really rough. My experience says that she's the only one who can beat this - with your support, of course - but she has to want it. Maybe you can set a positive example by overcoming your food addiction.

You're in the right place - you won't find better support for your weight loss than here!

I will be thinking of both of you.
  • You can do it Maggie!!!