January 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Hey ladies!

Feeling defeated and sad as mom needs radiation. We're really close and this feels extremely scary. I appreciate you letting me post about things other than working out and eating healthy.

Teacher - how are you feeling today?
    Diana - Your numbers will even out...give it some time. You've had and continue to have a lot of stress. Hmm...never seen that before with a monitor...we also have a dell. I've actually learned that you can call dell and more than one time they've connected me to a service person and they've helped without charge. Not sure why...but they have. When I have computer issues I also google the issue and so many times I can find others with the same trouble and some type of solution. Good Luck

Take care ladies. Combat Kata 45 tonight.
  • Laura- I'm so sorry about your mom needing radiation. I'll pray for her.
    Your workout sounds fun combat kata

I had a NVS tonight- I went out with friends for dinner. This is the first dinner staying on my calorie plan since restarting this Jan 1. We went to Ihop and I got the spinach & tomato omelet & fruit for 330 calories. I topped it with salsa. I was really wanting a waffle but after starting to eat and chatting so much I felt just fine. So it's small but in the past I would have just gotten the waffle and bacon. Baby steps.... making progress. on a side note- I'm a broken record but I miss the workout high!!!! More baby steps- PT tomorrow.
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Today was a rest day with Combat. I enjoyed my TF workout!

This whole week has been hectic with things. It's like everything has been fighting me. Especially the monitor. It's odd that the picture is beautiful but there is something wrong with the sleep hibernate mode. I did a remote access with Dell. They checked all of the software, settings, and downloaded updates. Everything is fine there. They diagnosed it as the video cable. I looked online at the self diagnosis page this morning before I called Dell. I thought it seemed like the video cable, too. But I don't understand how the video cable can be a problem if the picture is good, etc. I know each of the pens have a different function, but I don't know. It's not absolutely necessary to fix it, but I don't like it not working the way it is supposed to. I will probably get a new cable to see what happens with that.

Laura That's exactly what I did, I called Dell. I am going to try the video cable. We'll see. If it doesn't work, hopefully I can return the cable. I'm sorry that your Mom needs radiation, but at least she is getting the treatment that she needs. How many treatments does she need? Keep us updated on how things go. I will definitely say a prayer for your Mom and you. Please come as post anytime you feel the need. I have done more than my share in my check-ins. I don't have any other family and I think I would have lost my mind if I couldn't post my thoughts here. Sometimes you just need to vent. Noting is going to fix the problem but it just feels better to get it off your chest. Also, sometimes it's harder to talk with people in real life. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Teacher Awesome job on your dinner. Yes, little steps. You just keep building on that foundation. Do you have an upper body cycle or have access to one. You can crank up the tunes and use that along with the bike and stretches.
  • Diana- I'll have to see if there is an upper body cycle at the y. I'm adding strength exercises with my stretches.

Had PT and they used a ultrasound heat machine thing that is suppose to heat deep in the muscles. The main problem is the muscle around my hip was injured and healed wrong. So now they have to pull away the muscle from the bone and stretch it. Not fun. But the heat thing felt nice.

Today- bike 15.... stretches and strength workouts
  • Teacher - nice job with dinner !!!! You chose a very healthy option in the face of junk! YAY!! Good workout, too!! YIKES those stretches sound painful.

Diana - how was your day?

Thanks again, ladies. I appreciate you letting me post my thoughts and worries on my mom. I just can't let this make me go into a tailspin and gain lots of weight. Rudy, my youngest pup, is my shadow dog and is on my lap as I type. He's so comforting

Either Combat 30 or 45 tonight....back on "schedule" next week!
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Ouch! That does not sound comfortable at all! Since the heat felt good, have you tried using a heating pad on your own?

Laura I'm doing good and ready for the weekend! How close/far do you live from your Mom?
  • Laura- how many dogs do you have? If I go back to work next year, I'm going to miss my furkids so much during the day.

Diana- yes, I use a heating pad for 15 minutes 2x a day before the stretches and it feels great.

today- bike 20 min & stretches/strength moves
  • Hi Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
    LM HIIT Shock Plyo w/12's
    LM Combat 30 w/weighted gloves

Still not fond of the Shock Plyo. I don't think the Insanity workout is similar either. I think I will continue using the Shock Plyo workout. Ha Ha I guess that's easy to say since I don't have to do it again for a couple weeks.
  • Hey ladies!! TGIF for SURE!

Teacher - great workout I hope that the heating pad helped! I have 4 dachshunds! Wally, Sheldon, Sidney and Rudy. They are the best babies

Diana - my mom is about 75 miles from me so not too bad. She's really optimistic and positive. WOW - what workouts today

Combat 30 for me tonight. Hubby wants Chinese....hmmm...will get a low sauce vegetarian dish. TAKE CARE!
  • Laura- wow, 4 furkids... that's a lot of love

Down 1 pounds this week.... not impressive but moving in the right direction

today- bike 20 min
  • HI Everyone!

Check-In: LS Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves, only cardio portion

Today was suppose to be Combat 30, but I wanted more cardio, so I subbed 60 without the floor work.

Someone, on another forum, in a check-in of mine is facing breast cancer. She said that it is low grade and small. I just can't believe all of the incidences of cancer that I am hearing about. It just makes me sad.

Teacher I'm impressed. You just keep up the good work.

Laura I'm glad your Mom has a good attitude about it all. That's makes a huge difference.
  • Hi Everyone!

No Workout to report today. I went to my Mom's house, today. It seems like when I go there first, I leave too late to get a workout in.

I hope you had a nice weekend.
  • Hi Everyone

Check-In: LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

I was suppose to do Combat 45 but chose the more fun Combat 60.
  • Hi ladies,
    I subbed today so no y trips. I have PT tomorrow. Have a great night
  • Hey ladies!

Diana - too bad how frequent cancer is, I agree.
    Good job with the cardio! I have to do combat 60 this week
    Teacher - hope that you had a good day subbing! yay on the 1 pound! It's still 1 pound

Well, struggled with eating too much and some unhealthy foods last week. Started the combat week 1 schedule over again because I also missed many workouts. I'm still a work in progress but won't give up...EVER!