have you ever just

• hi everyone. Have you ever just made something and didn't eat it?

Tonight I tried making an eggplant lasagna, for less than 200 calories per slice. I made it alright and everything. Spent about 15$ on the stuff I needed for it, etc. It took me 4 hours to make!!! And when all that time, money, and effort went into I was SURE I would like it...Well I didn't, I hated it! Some things I can force myself to eat but this was just bad. I guess this is a bad way to find out I don't like eggplant. I'm a little upset because I tried some and added a few calories to my system, It messed me up (since I count)

Anyway now I'm just a mess, this is so disappointing... Do you have any stories about meals you made that didn't work out the way you planned?
  • This used to happen to me frequently when I was pregnant. I would cook something and simply not be able to eat it.

But pregnancy aside, I don't like eggplant, so no matter how you cook it, I won't eat it. No shame in not liking all vegetables.
  • There are some things I make all the time - pasta sauce, vegetable soups that seem to come out differently each time I make them. Sometimes good, sometimes not.

I just made a beef vegetable soup from an online recipe that had alot of reviews - all good ones. And yet when it was done, I didn't care at all for it. Now I feel guilty that I should eat it anyway because I spent alot of money on ingredients and made a big pot of it.

I just look at it like it's good to try new things - if you don't ever try new stuff, you might be missing out on some good things in life. Not everything is goingt to be a winner - and I have to admit that eggplant is one of those tricky things to cook. Keep trying!
  • Sure, I've made a lot of recipes that I ended up not liking. Life is like that.

That is how we learn, by trying new things.
  • Quote: Sure, I've made a lot of recipes that I ended up not liking. Life is like that.

That is how we learn, by trying new things.
    Exactly! Same here. Fortunately, the one I had to throw away recently... could NOT eat... was just roasted kale (cheap and easy to make). But I've done it with more expensive, harder-to-make stuff. That is how we learn.