Women's Issues on IP??

• I know the release of Estrogen can make TOM all wonky, but anyone have any other issues?? I have an inflamed ovary and a uti. I never get uti's. The ovary feels like I am constantly ovulating although I feel much better than Wednesday. I am on antibiotics for both.

I was thinking the uti might be part of me messing up my vitamins and my alkalinity. I WILL NOT FORGET AGAIN!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: I know the release of Estrogen can make TOM all wonky, but anyone have any other issues?? I have an inflamed ovary and a uti. I never get uti's. The ovary feels like I am constantly ovulating although I feel much better than Wednesday. I am on antibiotics for both.

I was thinking the uti might be part of me messing up my vitamins and my alkalinity. I WILL NOT FORGET AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    I am confused, how do you know your ovaries are inflamed?
  • how do you know your alkalinity/ PH levels are out of wack?
  • Sorry, had to explain, I had a Cat Scan Wednesday because I was having right flank pain.

I got *****ed at for messing up my Vits at WI on Thursday and the 'coach' mentioned Ph ?? off balance.
  • Hope you feel better soon
  • Quote: Hope you feel better soon
    Thank you.
  • Well I have had my TOM since I started IP. I did schedule an appt with my gyn dr. But it's not until middle of jan to see if this is normal.
  • Quote: Well I have had my TOM since I started IP. I did schedule an appt with my gyn dr. But it's not until middle of jan to see if this is normal.
    Oh no!! Go away TOM!! ((((hugs))))
  • Ive sort of accepted that having TOM is a sign IP is working for me, it seems like when I have it I have my best losses. Not fun, but hoefully when I reach a normal weight it will normalize too.
  • My TOM has been mostly normal, however a few months back, it last about a week and half, which was strange, but this time, it lasted over 2 1/2 weeks. I think it's pretty much stopped (thankfully!). it was really heavy the 2nd week, which just kind of spooked me. It seems normal though that TOM just does weird things on this diet.

And I'm thinking that maybe, I'm just really losing lots of fat and so the estrogen is being released or whatever. So that made me happier about having a TOM that lasted for what seemed forever. Now if it will stay away for a month or more that will be just fine with me.
  • I'm on an IUD so not much has changed for me since the TOM was a very rare thing since I started the IUD about two years ago. Maybe it'll come more regularly?
  • It was my TOM when I started IP in October. After it ended I have not had it again until today.

I am glad others have posted that theirs has been wacky since being on IP so I didn't worry too much about missing it.

I am a little concerned however how I will manage without any chocolate candy. That will be a NSV for me I guess.

I have been having all chocolate IP puddings and drinks and that seems to be doing the trick. I have never eaten any restricteds -salty. cruchy and sweet are triggers for me and I don't dare experiment with self control today now.

Others have said their emotions have been extra extreme during TOM in IP so I will be aware of this too.

This is such a great place for information. I'm so glad I found you all! Thanks for sharing so people like me have an easier time. I appreciate all your experience....