Off IP for a few months........

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well, after my break at the beginning of October I hit up back on plan 100%. I noticed that I was having a hard time getting the cravings in control. I then lost my job at the beginning of November and did really well staying home and eating on plan. Now my TOM has never been really all that predictable and DH and I had resigned ourselves to looking at adoption in the next few years to have a baby. Well 1 month after loosing my job I found out that we are expecting our first baby. Holy moly an IP baby. We are elated and I am so glad I learned so much during my process to appreciate food for fuel. I am focusing on eating low carb IE no chips, soda, fast food...the usual no nos. But eating fresh fruit and healthy protein. I still have my spinach shake in the afternoon to boost both veggie in-take as well as protein. It's going to be an interesting road to both be pregnant but also looking and interviewing for new jobs.
  • Heartiest congrats!

Eat healthy, feed the baby nutritious foods.

All the best.
  • Congrats! so glad you checked in, I was wondering how you were doing.
  • So happy for you, Tiger! What are wonderful blessing coming your way!
  • Quote: Well, after my break at the beginning of October I hit up back on plan 100%. I noticed that I was having a hard time getting the cravings in control. I then lost my job at the beginning of November and did really well staying home and eating on plan. Now my TOM has never been really all that predictable and DH and I had resigned ourselves to looking at adoption in the next few years to have a baby. Well 1 month after loosing my job I found out that we are expecting our first baby. Holy moly an IP baby. We are elated and I am so glad I learned so much during my process to appreciate food for fuel. I am focusing on eating low carb IE no chips, soda, fast food...the usual no nos. But eating fresh fruit and healthy protein. I still have my spinach shake in the afternoon to boost both veggie in-take as well as protein. It's going to be an interesting road to both be pregnant but also looking and interviewing for new jobs.
    Congratulations! Enjoy this time--I found pregnancy to be a magical experience with all the changes your body goes through. Eat well, pamper yourself (and, therefore, your baby!), relax, and take things as they come. Everything usually works out the way it's supposed to when we go with the flow....Enjoy!
  • What a fantastic early gift for the holidays!!! Congrats to you both!!!
  • Congratulations Tiger!!! What a wonderful surprise!!! <3
  • Congratulations! So very happy for you and your family! Merry Christmas
  • What a great surprise, congrats to you both!
  • That's wonderful!! Congratulations to you and your DH!!
  • congratulations momma and daddy!
  • Aw, congratulations!
  • Congrats and what a blessing!!!

I have to say, weight loss was probably the BEST thing you could for for you to get PG. (Besides the usual When I lost about 50lbs um.......5yrs ago, well, look what happened........beautiful baby girl.

While I did develop GD when I was PG, I was also at my healthiest ever because I followed the diabetic diet. My daughter was a perfect 6.9oz, 19 1/2 inches long.

So excited for you!!! Enjoy it all!!!
  • Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!
  • Awesome!!