Emergen-C... a good potassium sub?

• I'm talkinga bout the 1,000mg Super C blend (orange) it says you can take 2 packets a day, each packets gives you 200mg of potassium, from potassium bicarb...
    I have to take most of my medicines as liquid or dissolvables, so do you think this is a good alternative to the Potassium/Calcium, providing I make up the calcium deficit with another supplement?
  • There are 5g of sugar and 6g of carbs per serving. That isn't something you should be using on IP.
  • In addition, the IP potassium supplement is 800mg potassium. You would have to take 2x the recommended dose to match the correct amount in the IP supplement.

Definitely NOT a viable substitute.
  • OMG I took one today and didn't even think about sugar or carbs being it. All I could think about was my sore throat.
  • yeah, it's definitely too high in sugar, but it's the highest potassium supplement I could find, most store brands only have around 100mg
  • Quote: yeah, it's definitely too high in sugar, but it's the highest potassium supplement I could find, most store brands only have around 100mg
    Maybe try crushing the pill and adding it to food? Potassium is really important to take while on this diet.