Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) December 15-31

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Pam..I was thinking "took the tree down" meant an outside tree. LOL
    I was visualizing you outside with a chainsaw. I am getting senile !!!
  • Pam and a chainsaw...great image.

Our tree is down also because it was so dry. But, other decorations are still up.

My book purging continues, and I'm almost finished. During the porcess I cleaned a closet too. And, then, I'll follow Sloan's example and do the craft room.

Welcome back, Maryann....sorry you're sick and I hope it passes quickly.

I'm just hearing the news about Hillary Clinton and the blood clot. Wow--I hope you has a quick recovery---she's done so much traveling and work.

Tomorrow, the kids come about 4 PM.....oh boy!
  • Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve, chickies!
  • New flash! All 5 kids either have a stomach virus or have been exposed to it!

Poor babies. We will have a quiet night.
  • Pam, for a second that's what I thought you meant, too.

Rhonda, sorry the kids are under the weather. You and Doyle enjoy your evening. I am going to send Curtis for wine in a bit.
  • you chicks are cracking me up. Me cut a tree down? with a chain saw? You all don't know how weak I am in my old age. I boxed up the artificial tree.

Rhonda, sorry the babies are sick. You were having 5 of them over tonight, right? Yes, it will be quiet. I heard about Hillary yesterday. Hope she is doing ok and they get the clot dissolved or whatever they do with them.

sloan, I don't envy you. Remember I did mine last summer. It feels really good when it all comes together. Good luck.

Sandra, do you stay up till midnight? Half the time I fall asleep.

Maryann, welcome back and sorry you are sick.

Nancy, during the holidays, taking a tree down means taking the Christmas tree down. I wouldn't know how to even start a chain saw.

Went shopping and got fabric to make a bed skirt. I don't like the tailored ones, prefer gathered bed skirts. I'm going to make a white one with a band of grey zebra near the bottom, for a bit of interest.

Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I spent the day shopping and eating lunch at Cheesecake Factory with my sister, neice, and mother. We had lots of fun and laughs. I had a salad (good decision ) and carrot cake cheesecake (bad, but calculated, decision ). Now I am home for a quiet evening with dh. I picked up the wine on the way home, and we will probably watch a couple of movies. We may not make it to midnight, but that's okay with us!

Pam, I picked up three 18 gallon tubs to store fabric in. It seems like the more I fold and organize, the more I find. After the fabric is all put away, I will start on the yarn then try to corral all of the scrapbook supplies.

Rhonda, enjoy your quiet night. Hopefully the bug that the kiddos have will pass quickly!

Sandra, I will be enjoying my wine with you!

Nancy, have a wonderful time with your friend, and enjoy that sweet baby!

Maryann, hope you are having a fun New Year's Eve!

• Pam, I seriously doubt we'll make it till midnight. I have been dozing off and on most of the day. Don't know what's up with that.

Sloan, earlier we saw a House Hunters show on HGTV--a couple looking for a home in Nashville. They got a really goodlooking place.

I'll see you all next year. Have a good evening.
  • Good Morning and Happy & Healthy New Year.. I didn't celebrate I was in bed at 11 PM. First we lost Guy Lombardi and now Dick Clark,New Years doesn't mean that much to me anymore.

I got up this morning and couldn't go to Mass. I was very disappointed but my cold is getting worse and the outdoor walking path is icy as I could go out to buy some rock salt. I ran out of meds also, In fact my refrig is emptying out,I guess if I can't get out tomorrow I will have to use the Pea Pod that Stop & Shop offers.

NANCY=Thanks on all counts, Being sick and not being able to outside is hard to deal with,as I'm never home.

SANDRA=Glad that your feeling better,if my symptoms don't get better I have to see my doctor,and hes going to tell me I told you so, after refusing the flu and the pneumonia shot.

SLOAN=Thanks I was lucky I got home in time before the snow started. After I got off the thread I will call my DD and see how my DGD is doing.

RHONDA=Thanks, I know the news about Hillary was shocking to hear. Hope she get better.

PAM=Thanks,for you kind words hope to be soon as I don't like be confined to the house,as I'm always on the go.

Have a great day,
  • Happy New Year Chicks! We stayed up until midnight to ring in the new year. Not hard for us....well me anyway since I'm a night owl. We watched two movies yesterday. One was silly and quite off color but funny, Ted...and then we watched War Horse which I sobbed all the way through. Sorry I watched it even with the happy ending.

Off to the treadmill. Say prayers that my heel spurs and plantar faciitis does not flare up!
  • Happy New Year!!!

I guess we're all armed with new resolutions and are ready to start this new year. 2013! Seems like just the other day we were stocking up for Y2K.

We had a hearty breakfast this morning. Curtis is going to town to run errands. I'm staying home in my jammies.

Maryann, don't worry about what your doctor might say. Just go get some help. I'm feeling much much better after going.

Going to test 2013. Not going to eat black-eyed peas today. Aren't I daring? Have a great day, all.
  • 15 minutes on the treadmill at 1.8 mph and it was all I could do to finish. Foot feels ok so far but hip feels a bit ouchy. Now having breakfast at 11:12. Oatmeal, skim milk, a few craisins and a couple of pieces of walnuts. This is going to be a long battle back.

No resolutions for me, Sandra, because I just break them anyway and then feel bad. I'm just starting now because all the snacks and excuses are now gone. Have a wonderful jammie day. I'm having one too until I cook dinner tonight.

Sloan, we just got a new Cheesecake factory here. We haven't been there yet but I know we will go soon. It used to be one of my favorite places for lunch when we used to work in downtown Chicago. I could care less about the cheesecake but I do love their meatloaf and mashed potatoes!

Mary Ann, hope you go to the Doctor. I'm sure he won't say I told you so. We get a flu shot every year and I'm going to ask about the pneumonia shot the next time we see him. I haven't had the flu since I started getting them 16 years ago.

Pam you are so stinking talented. I wish I lived close and you could help me with my house. It is so hard for me...especially the decorating part. I have many blank walls.

Rhonda, I can't believe you agreed to take sick kids. I'm guessing you had to since the parents probably had plans but....Y I K E S!!! How was it for you? Hope you and Doyle don't catch it.

How was your NYE Nancy?

I'm off to play Bubble Witch for a while and then go read my book that is due back to the library on January 3rd.
  • Vickie, I don't really have a resolution either. I was just talking. I'm planning to take this one day at a time. I told a gf I was through saying, "This is my year." I'm now going to take things one day at a time.

What is Bubble Witch?

I'm off now to read The Pillars of the Earth.
  • Happy New Year chickies. I managed to stay awake to see the ball drop.

Maryann, I know you are a jet setter now, but you just have to take it easy for a few days. I got the pneumonia shot a few years back. Never get the flu shot.

Sandra, the black eyed peas must be a southern thing. Jammie days are fun, aren't they? I have a lot of them in KY, not so much here in florida.

Vickie, great job on treadmill. It's a start and that's all that matters. We have not been very consistent with our walking but we managed to walk today and yesterday. I love to decorate, as you know. The reason I'm making the bedskirt is that I can't find what I'm looking for so the next best thing is to make my own. I'm frugal when it comes to things like that. If I can make it or DIY it, I'm game.

I think we are suppose to start a new thread today, but with so many of us posting, we can wait until tomorrow.
  • Pam, you're right. Folks in Montana didn't know about them either. Oops! It is the first, isn't it?