Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) December 15-31

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • Vickie and Sloan---we have a good book seller here whom I'm going to try first..but thanks for the tips. I know a woman who took the spines of old, discarded books and pasted them to a wall to look like book shelves. She also stacked up a lot of old books in a fireplace that she doesn't use. Both were quite effective..I had thought of making copies of some of the covers, Sloan, and making some kind of art with them--posters, collages, or shadow boxes. I should do that before the books are out of the house. BUT, I have a LOT of books...I could just choose a few I suppose. If I could make a decision, I wouldn't have so many

Sandra, I'm glad you feel better. I've been feeling not quite right for about a week. I'm hoping it's just fatigue from Thanksgiving hullabaloo, tapping, having company, etc.

Sloan, I'm glad you're home safely--I was wondering what that weather was doing to you.

It looks like we're having FIVE kiddos here for New Year's Eve. We started with 3, so what's 2 more? They'll spend the night and , hopefully, their parents will come early to get them!
  • Rhonda, I hope you're not coming down with something. Enjoy the little ones NYE. You have more energy than I have.
  • I made this for dinner, and it was good.

http://www.food.com/recipe/balsamic-...-salmon-106257

DH's family are all sick with some stomach virus! Oh boy...I really do hope we don't get it. I don't think it's what is bothering me, because I've been out of sorts for a week or so.
  • That looks delicious!

Rhonda, I hope you and Doyle don't catch that bug.

I'm feeling better tonight. (It's about time!)
  • Peaking in to say hi..
    I am home from my brothers and went to see Les Miserables today with my cousin. Going out of town again for a few days to see a childhood friend..

I have a hard time parting with books too...

Next week I am going to do some sorting to try to get rid of even more stuff.
    I feel like I haul stuff out constantly and never make a dent..

Sandra..glad you are better

Boys are in Africa and loving it..They are such dare devils I hope they don't
    try to herd some safari animals ...
  • Nancy, what did you think of the movie? I have heard it's really good. Saw a show about the making of it recently.
  • Loved the movie !!!!
  • Mornin' y'all! The salmon sounds awesome, and the movie sounds like a must see! Trying to do a little de-cluttering today. Enjoy your day, chicks!
  • Good morning.

One of our AC units is on its last legs and is being replaced now. The workers are freezing us out at the moment..it's colder inside than out.

I began my day poorly in terms of food choices, but there's time to change!

Purging continues today. I have a lot of goddess culture books, and a lot of theology books that I'll donate them to the church's library. Those are from the 80's and 90's mostly I can visit them if I get lonely!

ok, back to work....
  • morning chicks.

kids are gone. They left yesterday and made it home safely. It was a great visit. I took the tree down yesterday and cleaned.

Need my coffee.........
  • Hi Ladies

Got back last night, and I did bring back a very bad cold thought it was the flu but now that I feeling better I'm thinking its just a bad head cold. My throat is bothering me with a sever headache last night that I got rid of this morning. Didn't go to church as we having a very bitter cold day with the snow during the night turned into ice this morning and some power lines are down in town according to my friend Mary. So no movies today. The good news is that the cinema that we go to is going to buy some new digital camera for his theater so he's not closing down,as according to the paper he was able to get the finances to pay for the, YEAH!!! We still can go to the movies next year.

My DGD Thursday surgery was successful,but the last couple of days it very rough on her.Her throat is really hurting her right now and the doctor told my DD that it would be worse better it get better. The new Method is not ice cream or dairy products as that turns to phymn,so she has to drink soft drinks ice pops etc and anything food that it tolerable & soft like scrambled eggs. I couldn't believe that my DGD went to Christmas Mass with me while the other children wanted top play with there toys.I'm thinking that she will be blessed and the pain of the tonsils remove with pass shortly.

Oh yeah I maintained over the Christmas so that great not like last years 176

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and hope for a Happy Healthy New Year.

Going to rest for a bit ,hope you have a great day
  • Maryann, that is great about the theater. I was hoping something would work out. Hope you feel much better soon. Glad DGD surgery went well.

Pam..you took a tree down?? I am impressed

Rhonda, you are inspiring me to sort my books and donate some..

As for me I am headed to my friends house that is about 2 hours away. I will stay a few days and we will rest, talk, shop, watch movies , eat & repeat !! She has a new grandbaby so I am looking forward to getting my "baby fix" as I call it...

Happy New Year if I don't get back here before !!!
  • You all sound really happy--and warm. We're doing the same. I'm still just a tad under the weather but am feeling much much better than I did Friday.

We were just talking about "trying" to get back on track. I told Curtis there would be no "trying." We will just do it.

Sounds like a commercial, doesn't it? Or does it have shades of Yoda?
  • Hi chicks! I am have an organization day in my craft room (dd's old room). DH gave me some money for Christmas, and I have ordered a new sewing machine, so the mess in the craft room has got to go. I am in the process of organizing my junk into bins with labels. Hopefully, I can keep it that way. I moved my craft supplies into the room last summer, but I have never finished organizing.

Sandra, love your commercial I do Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like my prescription is working!!

Nancy, I love that you are getting to visit so many of your family and friends. Enjoy!

Maryann, glad you are home safe and sound. Hope you dgd feels better soon!

Pam, congrats on getting that tree down. That is the worst part of Christmas for me! Glad you got to enjoy your family for Christmas

Rhonda, sorry about your AC unit. We had to replace one this summer, and it is not cheap! Bah humbug!!!

Right now, dh and ds are repairing a broken water pipe leading to our house, so I don't have water. Luckily we keep extra water for emergencies. Hope you enjoy your evening, chicks. Do something nice for yourselves
  • Sloan, I know this may sound funny, but organizing a craft/sewing room sounds like fun to me. Enjoy! Glad you have water. Made me thirsty reading about your water turned off for a bit.