IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/12/12

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Wuv I love your accent its adorable! and you look great! On another note. Does anyone use ketostix? I used them this morning and it said just a trace of ketones. That made me kind of sad because I feel like it should have been mild to moderate....oh well as long as Im loosing I suppose.
  • Quote: Good morning all!
    My losses slowed down dramatically over the last 8 weeks or so. I was consistently losing 2-4 lbs a week for the first 14 weeks, then it just dropped to mostly 1 lb weeks with an occasional 2lb, 3 if I was lucky. Wuv posted something last week about a revision to the phase I sheet. It said that 8 oz of meat were not required in the evening meal, it could be as little as 6 oz. For about 5 days now, I've intentionally not eaten all the protein on my plate at dinner. I'm not measuring how much I don't eat, but I would guess it's about 1-2 oz.
    Congrats on the boots, I am hoping I can one day rock the jeans under boots look.
    I must have missed the sheet revision and I tried searching for the link do you remember where this was said.
    Quote: Off to my first WI in about an hour. I'll post an update later on, but according to my scale (normally very accurate) I've lost 5 pounds.
    What a great loss and good luck at the weigh in!!

Quote:
    Now that I'm getting closer to goal, I decided to add a little more exercise. I have a 22 minute yoga program set up on my Wii Fit, so I'm going to try and do that at least 3x a week in the morning.
    LOVE MY Wii fit. living in a small town it is perfect to get those little work outs in. You look great by the way!! Please keep us informed about how adding the exercise is working for you

Quote: ALMA - thanks, I have to keep reminding myself that this journey is not just til I meet my goal weight but a life long change in how I eat. Yesterday I was actually worried about how I could weigh myself after surgery when I get home. I will still be on morphine! I can skip the scale for a while and heal instead! I guess its easier for me to focus on the weight right now than the surgery
    Good luck with your surgery

Quote: Good morning everyone! I am so happy to say that the changes that I made, mostly mentally, have helped me to do much better this week. I gave myself "permission" not to be 100% until some of the stress I've been dealing with lately goes away. I decided to focus on maintenance rather than loss...and I ended up losing 2lbs! I needed the emotional peace of mind that this has allowed me, but it was really nice to see the loss this morning, especially after the huge gain last week!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
    Happy for your 2lb loss but happier you are feeling better. It is better you are focusing on you during this stressful time
  • Wuv--looking awesome!
  • Quote: Wuv I love your accent its adorable! and you look great! On another note. Does anyone use ketostix? I used them this morning and it said just a trace of ketones. That made me kind of sad because I feel like it should have been mild to moderate....oh well as long as Im loosing I suppose.
    A word of advice? Toss your ketostix in the trash, they don't actually tell you anything useful. If you show ANY ketones, trace or otherwise, you're fine - if you are drinking plenty of water they are going to be diluted and barely show up on the stix if at all. ESPECIALLY if the results of the sticks are going to change your mood, that's an indicator that you'd have a tough time disconnecting emotions from the results - and you don't need that kind of unnecessary stress.

Toss 'em in the trash, and be CONFIDENT in the fact that you are following the program, and it works!
  • Quote: Can anyone tell me their average carb count in a day? Each type of IP food varies?
    I want to say that it's somewhere in the 20-40 net carbs per day - BUT IP is NOT a carb counting program. If you follow the sheet, it works. No counting necessary.
  • Happy 12-12-12! I did get on the scale and I am up 2 pounds but I have started running again so I think I need to wait a bit and monitor before I get too concerned. I am also not getting my water in like I should. I have had math trainings and presentations so I didn't want to be leaving the room to pee all the time!
  • Quote: Can anyone tell me their average carb count in a day? Each type of IP food varies?
    I track everything I eat each day in My Fitness Pal (available online and as smartphone app), and it calculates total calories, carbs, protein, fats, etc. for each day. On average, I am consuming about 30 g of carb per day. My typical daily calorie intake is 800, and about 60% of those calories come from protein and 20% each from carbs and fat.

Important to note--I don't track in my fitness pal in order to monitor and control the amount of carbs, protein, etc I'm eating. I do it as it keeps me aware and accountable of my food choices and helps me to make better decisions. I plan to continue to use this app after I am done with IP, as I think it will help me to maintain and avoid regaining the weight.
  • Quote: All I can say is...WOW WUV!! AHMAZING!

I finally did it...I'm into the 160's!! I was 169.0 on the scale this morning! I'm just over the moon happy
    Congrats!!!
  • Thanks everyone, I am one happy girl today that is for sure!
  • Quote: Good Morning Incredible Shrinking I People!
    i just LOVE reading that welcome above and knowing I am a part of this amazing group of I people!!!

LOVE IT!!

thanks liberty for making me smile this morning~
  • Just popping in. I can't afford IP anymore and went downhill for a few weeks, so here I am! I am back on track eating healthier and last night 5 lbs whooshed away (probably water weight). But I'll take it! I'm just trying to skip the bad carbs and eat meat, low fat dairy, and veggies. Had horrific migraines last night.

Today is better! I packed myself some crockpot pot roast and mashed cauliflower for work. For breakfast I had a Pure Protein bar. Just happy to be feeling good again, those carbs are killers! I don't want the cravings anymore!
  • Quote: Just popping in. I can't afford IP anymore and went downhill for a few weeks, so here I am! I am back on track eating healthier and last night 5 lbs whooshed away (probably water weight). But I'll take it! I'm just trying to skip the bad carbs and eat meat, low fat dairy, and veggies. Had horrific migraines last night.

Today is better! I packed myself some crockpot pot roast and mashed cauliflower for work. For breakfast I had a Pure Protein bar. Just happy to be feeling good again, those carbs are killers! I don't want the cravings anymore!
    So glad to see your face again! You are a strong girl and you have got this!
  • Quote: Drum roll please....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-Xnd-kLic&feature=plcp
    drum roll???? we need to bring in the entire marching drum band!!!
    awesome job!!!
  • Quote: Congrats on the boots, I am hoping I can one day rock the jeans under boots look.
    I must have missed the sheet revision and I tried searching for the link do you remember where this was said.
    I think it was not an actual phase 1 revision, just additional info sent to coaches

Updated 8/20/12 : What is meant is they can have UP TO 4 whole eggs and 2 whites IF THEY WISH. Look, they can have up 8 oz of meat, but if they only want 6 oz, that's their choice. 1 whole extra large egg (56 g) has 70 cal, 7g Protein, 0 carbs and 4.5g fat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-2012-a-3.html
  • Quote: I want to say that it's somewhere in the 20-40 net carbs per day - BUT IP is NOT a carb counting program. If you follow the sheet, it works. No counting necessary.

As I am not using IP products I have found that keeping tracks of carbs is a big help since my choices are different when it comes to meals etc. Limit calories to lose weight, limit carbs to encourage Ketosis.