I started reading labels and I'm shocked!!!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I'm never surprised any more. Lots of people don't know simple things about our food supply -- for example: milk. I spoke with several attorneys who thought cows just 'have milk in them at all times', and that we do them a favor by milking them. They didn't connect cow milk with BABY cows AT ALL. Like totally blank looks when I mention the baby cows as part of the process.

As a society, many of us are very, very disconnected from our food sources. And many people actively court ignorance, as well, because they don't want to KNOW the truth.
    This is so true. That's amazing about the attorneys, but I'm sure it's all too common.
  • Mexican Restaurants
    I never knew that Mexican restaurants put chicken broth in the red sauce until a few years ago. It didn't occur to me because there's not chicken broth in the enchilada sauce they sell in the grocery stores.
  • Quote: I never knew that Mexican restaurants put chicken broth in the red sauce until a few years ago. It didn't occur to me because there's not chicken broth in the enchilada sauce they sell in the grocery stores.
    Some of them do, I know Trader Joe's has it in theirs. But chicken broth is often in the rice and lard is often in the beans at Mexican restaurants. You definitely have to ask.