restricted food.

• how do you know what is restricted food and non restricted food???
  • The general rule:

8g or less NET carbs = unrestricted

9g to about 15g NET carbs = restricted

more than 15g NET carbs = VERY restricted (limit to once or twice a week).

Your phase 1 sheet should have a list of the restricted IP products right on it.
  • I'm confused, if over 15g is severely resiricted why do the IP coaches let you eat the bars as a daily restricted item? It even has it listed on the sheet?

Thanks,
    D.
  • Quote: I'm confused, if over 15g is severely resiricted why do the IP coaches let you eat the bars as a daily restricted item? It even has it listed on the sheet?

Thanks,
    D.
    The restricted guidelines are based on NET carbs (total carbs minus the dietary fiber). The one IP product that is super restricted is the Spaghetti Bolognese, which has 17g net carbs. Here are a few examples of the bars:

Caramel Nut bar - 15g carbs - 1g dietary fiber = 14g net carbs
    Peanut Butter Crunch bar - 14g carbs - 3g dietary fiber = 11g net carbs
    Cranberry-Granata bar - 17g carbs - 3g dietary fiber = 14g net carbs
    Double Chocolate Bar - 17g carbs - 2g dietary fiber = 15g net carbs
    Chocolate Raspberry Crunch bar - 15g carbs - 2g dietary fiber = 13g net carbs
  • I was never given a restricted sheet...is it posted anywhere on here? I would be so grateful if someone would post the restricted sheet. Thank you so much!
  • The gray ones are the restricted items.

• Quote: The gray ones are the restricted items.
    Thank you!!!
  • If you are new to IP it is greatly suggested you read the Stickies at the top. This would answer 98% of your questions. I'm just saying.