i need help with ideal protein

• hey so my aunt recommended me to this program and i've been reading a bunch of reviews and testimonials on people that have been or are on the program and it seemed interesting and i decided to try it out. i started on the weekend and im going in for my first weigh in today but honestly i only lost 3 pounds on my first week..i don't think im doing it right..i honestly never use to eat breakfast and im having the hardest time to wake up early for it just to eat..and for dinner i eat it at 7 and have my snack at 730 but after 8 im done..all i do is drink water and tea..could this be a cause to not losing as much weight? if you have any advice or pointers please let me know! i kind of getting discouraged..
  • Quote: hey so my aunt recommended me to this program and i've been reading a bunch of reviews and testimonials on people that have been or are on the program and it seemed interesting and i decided to try it out. i started on the weekend and im going in for my first weigh in today but honestly i only lost 3 pounds on my first week..i don't think im doing it right..i honestly never use to eat breakfast and im having the hardest time to wake up early for it just to eat..and for dinner i eat it at 7 and have my snack at 730 but after 8 im done..all i do is drink water and tea..could this be a cause to not losing as much weight? if you have any advice or pointers please let me know! i kind of getting discouraged..
    All I can say is that everyone loses at their own rate. I eat around the same times as you have mentioned, so that's probably not an issue. My sister also did IP, she never had the "big" weight loss the first week, she just lost consistently throughout the entire program. Just make sure you are getting everything that you are supposed to in during the day, you will see results. Every lb adds up in the end
  • I just noticed where you posted, you should also try posting in the Ideal Protein threads, there is a lot of support in that community!
  • I'm in my forth week and have lost around 3 pounds each of the first 3 weeks.

I think you're fine! you made it through the first week and I think that's the hardest!!
  • I wouldn't worry so much, I have been about 6wks on the diet and even though I have been compliant I never had big loses. Steadily I have lost and average of 2-3lbs per week. My sister who has not been completely compliant has been a bigger loser, so I think it all depends on your metabolism but I wouldn't worry but just follow the diet. You will get there. Don't compare yourself to others. Slowly but surely.
  • My first week I lost .6 of a pound. Don't lose heart. IP is wonderful. I am a "slow loser" normally and have had great success on IP!
  • There is no "normal" rate of loss on IP or any other diet. It all depends on your body, how much weight you have to lose, what your habits were like before, etc. Think about it this way: if you lose 3 pounds a week you'll lose 12 in a month- which is the same as if you'd lost 6 in week one and 2 for each subsequent week.

Worry about how you will be over time, because there's only so much control you have over your weekly weigh-in.