Moment of Weakness

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have reached my calorie limit for the day but am fighting some serious cravings right now. I just want to EAT. I don't care what. I'm trying to white knuckle it, I've only got about 45 minutes until I get ready for bed. Maybe I'll make some tea with no sugar.
  • I have 25 calorie hot chocolate for those times, it usually does the trick... Good luck!
  • On days like that, I go to bed early.
    Good luck!
  • Quote: On days like that, I go to bed early.
    Good luck!
    LOL, this made me giggle. I would if I could, but my son won't let me!
  • lol. Mozzy has good instincts. Krissy, could you have celery or something like that? They are low cal.
  • If you're not physiologically needing more calories I agree, tea or bed is wiser. If you're genuinely needing more energy and it isn't a 'head' craving, some protein with fat should help (piece of cheese, Greek yogurt, some chicken, etc).
  • Do 100 jumping jacks!
  • Tea really helps me at night. I drink a chocolate tea with no cals.
  • my head hunger can totally convince my stomach that i'm actually hungry....it can actually make my stomach start growling...ugh...if i'm hungry like that i try to have tea also and move away from where i usually snack (computer desk) and go relax in my recliner...then i'm resting and become far too lazy to get up to eat anything else...i'm trying to get into the habit of some sugar-free tea in my recliner at night instead of aimlessly wanting to snack
  • Quote: Tea really helps me at night. I drink a chocolate tea with no cals.
    chocolate tea?? i need to know more about this
  • I love the tea or hot chocolate idea too. I have found it helps me & slowly sipping seems to give me that mouth focus thing idk lol

You could also brush your teeth early lol Nothing will taste good after that!
  • I like chai tea - it tastes sweet because of the spices in it, but it's just tea. something to keep the hands busy, like knitting or video games can help too. Or crunches. I never want to eat after i've done a set of crunches.
  • If it's that close to bed, I would just brush my teeth and start my face washing/moisturizing ritual.

Last night I was having some cravings, not real hunger, so I took some extra time to apply a really luxurious moisturizer to my face as well as my feet, hands, elbows, etc.
    Then I took a couple of extra minutes fluffing the pillows on my bed and misting my sheets with my vanilla lavendar linen spray to get me ready for a good night's sleep.

Sometimes just taking a few extra moments to slow down and savor those little pampering moments is just the distraction that I need.
  • Thanks everyone! JossFit, I love the idea of doing an application of a luxurious mosturizer, that would be a good way to take my mind off of my cravings.

I found some pepermint tea and made it through, thank goodness.
  • I'm glad you made it through! That's a great success, so well done as I know how difficult it can be.

I have similar ideas to Joss - I often give myself a mini facial and clean my teeth super well with whitening toothpastes and floss very well because I generally find it easier to resist eating everything after putting so much effort into brushing my teeth.